For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Apr 8, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #19,441 of 20,287
IMG_3549.jpeg
Jerry Garcia and his troupe put together a great album, fine recording and excellent song selection.
ZMF Auteur- Aune S17 Pro

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #19,444 of 20,287
Icon Audio HP8 > ZMF Atrium

640x640.jpg

Why not?!

From there, I went on the P8s to this

""Peter Whitehead’s footage of the first Pink Floyd, recording session, the legendary 14-hour Technicolor Dream event at Alexandria Palace and a gig at the underground UFO Club. Starts off with an outstanding 16-minute-long jam of “Interstellar Overdrive.”

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #19,445 of 20,287
Apr 8, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #19,446 of 20,287
This is likely to surprise: Grado PS2000e << Schiit Vali 3 (tube: WE 396A):
IMG_7760.jpeg
IMG_7761.jpeg
🎼😌🎶

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #19,447 of 20,287
Recently acquired my second "big boy" IEM, the Symphonium Meteor. I'm blown away. In all my years of headphone listening (and now IEM listening), I have never found a set that didn't benefit from even just a smidge of EQ. It's only been a few days, but this set is practically perfect out of the box (with the exception of tips). Plays exactly to my tastes.

220px-Robert_Glasper_-_Black_Radio_III.png

Black Radio III (2022), Robert Glasper

I don't really know what to say about this brilliant album that hasn't already been said many times over. Listening to this album is like getting a front row seat to one of Glasper's annual month-long residencies at the Blue Note.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:27 AM Post #19,450 of 20,287
@FranQL Pegasus on work duty with Colorfly CDA M1P

Helga debut album from last year, Swedish group blending Swedish folk, progressive metal, post-rock, black metal and pop. A beautiful and relaxing album, will be fun see what more comes from Helga forward.

https://tidal.com/album/313523479?u
1000034725.png

1000034726.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #19,452 of 20,287
I actually only got the DAC1 a few days ago, so my impressions of it are still shifting. I also have very little experience with different amps and DACs (this is my second DAC/amp i've gotten), so my ears aren't exactly trained to hear the differences as of yet, but I'll try to voice what I'm hearing.

Compared to my old amp/DAC, the JDS Labs Element II, the Benchmark DAC1's tonality sounds slightly more warm. From my understanding, that's not what people generally think of with Benchmark's products (apparently they lean towards the brighter side of things?), so I am a little confused to say the least. Also, bass is punchier, sibilance is slightly better, and transients sound a tiny bit faster. The DAC also sounds great, but I don't have much experience with comparing DACs, so I can't really say what my thoughts are yet for that.

The reason i'm so unsure about using the DAC1 with my HEDDphone, is because i'm unsure if I like that extra warmth. It pairs nicely with my other headphones (namely my SR325e, and HD600), but the HEDDphone sounds slightly too muddy to me when being driven with the DAC1. Theoretically speaking, it should be driven fine by the DAC1 as it only has a bit less power than my old Element II (1.25W vs 1.3W), but who knows? It gets driven plenty loud (i keep the volume at around 12 o'clock), and I haven't felt the need to increase the amp's gain, though I might do that to experiment.

Last thing I would say about the Benchmark is that it's warm (I got it probably 11 years ago). But the last paragraph pretty much sums up my "DAC1-with-Beyerdynamic-T1v2" experience. With the jumpers - loud enough, but they sounded warm, bordering on "fuzzy", even. With the jumpers removed everything's peachy - they sound clear and spacious, definitely not underpowered.

Caveat is that with the jumpers removed it feels like it has too much power for my Ed8's, I need to find something else for them.

Back to the topic: DAC1 -> T1v2s and the new Lustmord.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #19,453 of 20,287
Last thing I would say about the Benchmark is that it's warm (I got it probably 11 years ago). But the last paragraph pretty much sums up my "DAC1-with-Beyerdynamic-T1v2" experience. With the jumpers - loud enough, but they sounded warm, bordering on "fuzzy", even. With the jumpers removed everything's peachy - they sound clear and spacious, definitely not underpowered.

Caveat is that with the jumpers removed it feels like it has too much power for my Ed8's, I need to find something else for them.

Back to the topic: DAC1 -> T1v2s and the new Lustmord.

Alright thanks for that information. I'll see how it sounds without the jumpers once I have enough time for another extended listening session. Though I am worried that my more sensitive headphones might not fare so well. So I just remove completely the jumpers for headphone gain (3, and 4)?

Edit: tried it out without the jumpers. It actually sounded too clean to my ears, and very bright (so much sibilance, oh my)! Guess I'm keeping the jumpers on :)
(Note: will possibly experiment more in the future, but am happy with it for now)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #19,454 of 20,287
220px-Robert_Glasper_-_Black_Radio_III.png

Black Radio III (2022), Robert Glasper

I don't really know what to say about this brilliant album that hasn't already been said many times over. Listening to this album is like getting a front row seat to one of Glasper's annual month-long residencies at the Blue Note.
That's one I don't have. Been meaning to pick it up. but never did. Anyway, if you don't have Everything is Beautiful, I'd highly suggest you pick it up. Brilliant album as a tribute to Miles Davis...

Robert Glasper.jpg

PC (JRiver Media Center / FLAC files) > Iris DDC > Pontus DAC > Artemis HPA > HD800S
Rotel CD Player > Pontus DAC > Artemis HPA > HD800S
PC (JRiver Media Center / FLAC files) > Iris DDC > Teac DAC/HPA > A5+ active speakers

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #19,455 of 20,287
Work with a bit of chill electronics in the ears to inject a bit of extra energy :)

Tidal to Mojo2 to Kiwi Ears Cadenza

Kodomo - Still life
Komodo.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back