For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Apr 6, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #19,321 of 20,298
Word. Nothing at all ridiculous about it. Surprisingly jives with my experience in a totally different context. I spend most of my workday writing at home. I'm a researcher, so unfortunately it's not mindless work and requires an exhausting level of attention and focus. My headphones are what makes it work for me. They help me to stay focused, stay upbeat, and give me just enough distraction to keep going. I totally understand.

An interesting difference: because I spend most of my days working from home, I actually need to feel like I'm not at home! Headphones get me there.

I'm glad you understand. Regarding your situation: Isn't it amazing how a pair of headphones can transport you to a totally different place in your head? That's a really powerful and transcendent experience when you think about it. Those experiences and the power to create them is one of my favorite ways to explain how investing in a good pair of headphones is worth it and will pay the listener back many times over in enjoyment, happiness, fun, and satisfaction. 👍😎

Again, to keep things topical:

I guess this is gonna be an Audeze kinda sesh. I went ahead and switched over to the LCD-4s, but I'm still using the modded Schiit Lyr/MMB2/Wiim Pro as the signal chain.

At the top of my queue is Scale the Summit's 2011 album entitled The Collective. Much like Muse introduced me to Polyphia, this album was my intro to STS. Upon first hearing it, I was instantly hooked and I loved what I heard from beginning to end. I became and instant fan and have since purchased CDs and downloads of the band's entire catalog. This album is really the album where you can hear STS take the next step and go from being a really good band to refined and credible professionals. Everything from the songwriting to the production to the execution on an individual and group level take a step up and combine to create an album that is killer whether you listen track by track or to the whole album as a complete artistic work. Highly recommended! 🤘😎

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #19,323 of 20,298
Although we invest thousands of euros in desktop equipment (DACs, amplifiers, open headphones, etc.), the small portable devices sound amazing, even if not quite the same as the ones at home....

Extraordinary Caligula's Horse - 2024. Charcoal Grace

Tidal -> Samsung S20 -> Audioquest Dragon Cobalt -> Meze Liric

1712383871619.png

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:32 AM Post #19,324 of 20,298
roon > SMSL SU9 > Schiit Asgard 3 > Sennheiser HD800S :beerchug:

RoonShareImage-638479847618735928.png

Avalon (1982) by Roxy Music - Roxy Music's last stand and a far more polished and subdued sound compared to the one they started with on Roxy Music just ten years earlier. I honestly thought they were around for longer than that due to the huge effect they had on electronic music in the UK and further afield. Staying with the HD800S as they are new, shiny, comfy, sound amazing and they have become "my precious". :darthsmile:

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #19,326 of 20,298
Great setup but never got into Tull other than Thick as a Brick and A Passion Play, which I love. Which album should I listen to next?
You'll get a ton of answers. Do you want more folksy stuff or more rock stuff? 'Benefit' is a fantastic rock album (the first EXCELLENT album by the band) [either the original or Steven Wilson mix] or if you want folksy, go with 'Songs From the Wood' (Steven Wilson mix).

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #19,327 of 20,298
AüR Audio Alita + HIBY FC6

Relaxing Saturday morning, playing some experimental electronica. So much going on over the course of the album.

1000033865.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #19,328 of 20,298
iMac > Qobuz > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE (NOS) > Schiit Freya+ Tube Pre > Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse > Sennheiser HD800S

The WA8 is really filling out the low end on the 800S such an enjoyable listen.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 2.40.51 AM.png

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #19,330 of 20,298
Apr 6, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #19,331 of 20,298
Apr 6, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #19,332 of 20,298
Always been curious, but the haven't asked due to the user name of @JAnonymous5150 🫡
Yeah same here! You feel you know so much about him - travels, shop work, even his airport preferences (Amsterdam rocks!), amnesia of course, occasionally the covers his band does, and that glorious rig-filled bus! -- but crucial part carefully excised out:) understandable of course.

May be we all know him already and been listening to his stuff here without realising!

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #19,334 of 20,298
Saturday chill, UAPP > ALO Pilot > KXXS with a brand new Kinera Leyding cable (this one is seriously a gem at ~70EUR).

Rocking new White Dog album, pure quality, just like any other album from Rise Above.

Attachments

• 1000021423-01.jpeg
    1000021423-01.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #19,335 of 20,298
Quick semi off-topic question for you guys. How many of you use scrobbling to track what you're listening to, how much you're listening, find new music, etc? I've been using Last.fm and scrobbling on and off for years and I find it interesting/useful so I was just wondering who else here is using it.
I've been using it since 2013 at least and never stopped. It's a great tool to track songs (because I'm always forgetting them) and go back and check how my listening habits have changed or not changed.

Attachments

• Screen Last FM.png
    Screen Last FM.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back