For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Dec 19, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #1,141 of 21,400
Focal Clear MGs > Grateful Dead / Infrared Roses (FLAC). I haven't reached for vinyl for several days, might have to change that today.

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #1,142 of 21,400
Z1R out of Shanling M3X. Nothing beats the comfort of Z1R and I'm away from my desk setup.

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #1,143 of 21,400
~ Welcome to R2R world! Who can resist resistor-to-resistor digital conversion done right?🤪. I bet that it will make all your headphones sound more “you-are-there”.
~ Your assignment, should you accept, is a thorough evaluation of gd-11 versus MHDT (with your h/p and h/p/a). The ‘executive summary’ must precede the body of your report. 😳😜
@jonathan c, I have an exerpt for you... :scream: Maybe more coming??

Up for your consideration:

Two R2R and solid-state DAC/amps going toe to toe in a match many said shouldn't happen, both have been training long and hard for this moment, who will prevail?
The announcer grabs his mic and calls out to the crowd, "And now for the main event!"
"Weighing in at $238.00 a fighter in the Bantam weight class the Audio-gd R2R-11."
"Weighing in at $580.00 a fighter in the light-middle wight class the MHDT Istanbul-Drop AAA THX ONE."
The announcer says to Jonathan c, "This ought to be an interesting match-up." And he gets ready to call out the contenders.
The announcer finally calls the combatants to the center of the ring and gives them his final instructions. "O.K. I want a clean fight!"... "Now get to your corners and wait for the bell." The crowd roars with anticipation...

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #1,144 of 21,400
Grado GS1000 >
MHDT Istanbul w/ Pinched waist 1958 Tesla 6CC42 > Drop AAA THX ONE

For my wife :heart_eyes:

-Barry White - You're the First, the Last, My Everything

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #1,145 of 21,400

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #1,146 of 21,400
@jonathan c, I have an exerpt for you... :scream: Maybe more coming??

Up for your consideration:

Two R2R and solid-state DAC/amps going toe to toe in a match many said shouldn't happen, both have been training long and hard for this moment, who will prevail?
The announcer grabs his mic and calls out to the crowd, "And now for the main event!"
"Weighing in at $238.00 a fighter in the Bantam weight class the Audio-gd R2R-11."
"Weighing in at $580.00 a fighter in the light-middle wight class the MHDT Istanbul-Drop AAA THX ONE."
The announcer says to Jonathan c, "This ought to be an interesting match-up." And he gets ready to call out the contenders.
The announcer finally calls the combatants to the center of the ring and gives them his final instructions. "O.K. I want a clean fight!"... "Now get to your corners and wait for the bell." The crowd roars with anticipation...
😆….🎧….🥊

Dec 19, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #1,147 of 21,400
The audience tension builds inexorably…🤭
Audio-gd 🤕 ? MHDT 🚑 ?…

Dec 19, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #1,148 of 21,400
The audience tension builds inexorably…🤭
Audio-gd 🤕 ? MHDT 🚑 ?…
Audio-gd R2R

Natural sound, nothing seems to be hidden from my GS1000.

Places you on the stage with the band, which I rather like.

Excellent instrument, and vocal separation.

Bass is meat on the bone.

Mids are clearly fluid.

treble is a bit laid back.

I wouldn't call it an out of body experience, but rather a pleasant transcendent experience.

MHDT Istanbul > Drop AAA THX ONE

Natural like the Audio-gd, but with more energetic sound. (Could be the Drop AAA)??

I would say to me the Istanbul/Drop has a larger airier sound stage, more like a ballerina vs a pole dancer, both are beautiful in execution, but the former has a lightness and grace the latter doesn’t have.

Bass has better definition, doesn't seem as meaty.

Mids are clear clean no veil here.

Treble is fast more forward compared to the Audio-gd.

Better instrument and vocal separation than the Audio-gd, a better overall balance.

If the Audio-gd is a transcendent experience The Istanbul is sublime. I would say it's like being above looking down.

At the end of the day the MHDT Istanbul-Drop AAA THX ONE is clearly a better sound than the Audio-gd, and it ought to be considering the retail on it is around $1015 plus shipping and the Audio-gd retails for around $496.00 plus shipping over at AliExpress.

One day I might just have to go down this rabbit hole deeper and see what I can find, but for right now I'm satisfied with these two setups...

Audio-gd R2R-11 vs MHDT Istanbul w/ Pinched waist 1958 Tesla 6CC42 > Drop AAA THX ONE both purchased from eBay in 2021, the Drop AAA THX ONE purchased from here on the classifieds

Dec 19, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #1,149 of 21,400
Thieaudio Phantom > MHDT Istanbul w/ Pinched waist 1958 Tesla 6CC42 > Loki Mini+ > Drop AAA THX ONE

- Elton John - Blessed

Dec 19, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #1,150 of 21,400
Audio-gd R2R

Natural sound, nothing seems to be hidden from my GS1000.

Places you on the stage with the band, which I rather like.

Excellent instrument, and vocal separation.

Bass is meat on the bone.

Mids are clearly fluid.

treble is a bit laid back.

I wouldn't call it an out of body experience, but rather a pleasant transcendent experience.

MHDT Istanbul > Drop AAA THX ONE

Natural like the Audio-gd, but with more energetic sound. (Could be the Drop AAA)??

I would say to me the Istanbul/Drop has a larger airier sound stage, more like a ballerina vs a pole dancer, both are beautiful in execution, but the former has a lightness and grace the latter doesn’t have.

Bass has better definition, doesn't seem as meaty.

Mids are clear clean no veil here.

Treble is fast more forward compared to the Audio-gd.

Better instrument and vocal separation than the Audio-gd, a better overall balance.

If the Audio-gd is a transcendent experience The Istanbul is sublime. I would say it's like being above looking down.

At the end of the day the MHDT Istanbul-Drop AAA THX ONE is clearly a better sound than the Audio-gd, and it ought to be considering the retail on it is around $1015 plus shipping and the Audio-gd retails for around $496.00 plus shipping over at AliExpress.

One day I might just have to go down this rabbit hole deeper and see what I can find, but for right now I'm satisfied with these two setups...

Audio-gd R2R-11 vs MHDT Istanbul w/ Pinched waist 1958 Tesla 6CC42 > Drop AAA THX ONE both purchased from eBay in 2021, the Drop AAA THX ONE purchased from here on the classifieds
‘ballerina versus pole dancer’: best audio comparison ever!…..one may have lightness & grace, the other has tattoos and dollar bills…

Dec 19, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #1,151 of 21,400
‘ballerina versus pole dancer’: best audio comparison ever!…..one may have lightness & grace, the other has tattoos and dollar bills…
I wish I would have written that!:smile:

Dec 19, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #1,153 of 21,400
Grado GS1000 > Audio-gd R2R-11

- Seals & Crofts - We May Never Pass This Way (again)

Dec 19, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #1,154 of 21,400
Phillips SHP9600 > Audio-gd NFB-11

- Jimi Hendrix - Changes

Dec 19, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #1,155 of 21,400
Keep the 🎵 cooking….good selections!….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back