For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Apr 25, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #3,902 of 21,391
Billy Strings! HD6xx

91qaMoqf+QL._SX522_-2.jpg

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #3,903 of 21,391
Grado GS1000 :heart_eyes:

R-6431385-1419069981-8872.jpg

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #3,904 of 21,391
I have been reading the various posts in this Thread. Have discovered some new music I really like, as well as being reminded of some "oldies but goodies", that I've forgotten about. I'm not sure, but it seems like there are generational differences in the way we listen to our favorite music. When I listen, I do so by listening to the entire album, in the order listed. It seems many of the posters here listen to a single song from an album and move on to the next tune. Am I right? Is this a generational thing, or just a preference thing, not related to Old School vs. New School??

Thanks for your thoughts.

Leo

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #3,905 of 21,391
a.jpg

+

b.jpg

+

R.jpg

=

c.jpg

- Just Cos' You Got The Power

Apr 25, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #3,906 of 21,391
I have been reading the various posts in this Thread. Have discovered some new music I really like, as well as being reminded of some "oldies but goodies", that I've forgotten about. I'm not sure, but it seems like there are generational differences in the way we listen to our favorite music. When I listen, I do so by listening to the entire album, in the order listed. It seems many of the posters here listen to a single song from an album and move on to the next tune. Am I right? Is this a generational thing, or just a preference thing, not related to Old School vs. New School??

Leo
I'm well over 60 and mostly do entire albums.

Apr 25, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #3,909 of 21,391

Leo

I'm pushing The big 60 soon. My thoughts on listening to music. When I was listening to my physical music collection I did mostly albums. Now with streaming services many of us get Sucked down a Rabbit hole just like surfing the internet. It's kinda a good thing because we discover music that we've never experienced before and rediscovering stuff that brings back old memories.I would imagine there are quite a few Head-Fiers that are still quite contempt with their collection and have not subscribed to a streaming service. I got sucked in to streaming my music for the convenience of it. I'll never get rid of my personal collection but streaming has brought a whole new level to HD music. I can definitely hear the difference..

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #3,910 of 21,391

Leo
I'm 60, for me I like a variety of songs, so I like to let Media Monkey choose the music. Very seldom do I play the whole album.

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #3,911 of 21,391
Apr 25, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #3,912 of 21,391
Grado HF3 (Head-Fi edition)> IFI Zen DAC

496122a7e6a95677838bfdb6212a14f0.jpg

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #3,913 of 21,391

Leo
I'm 64 and when I'm in listening mode, which is almost all of the time, I listen to full albums, sometimes multiple plays when I'm really feeling it. When I go into discovery mode I hit Amazon Music HD and will play one or two songs off an album before making my mind up. If it's a thumbs up then I'll give the whole album a listen and go from there, otherwise it gets forgotten about.

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #3,914 of 21,391
JRiver MC (PC) > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Beyerdynamic DT1990pro

mechanicalresonance.jpg

Mechanical Resonance by Tesla - something lively is needed and this fits the bill nicely :L3000:

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #3,915 of 21,391
I'm 60, for me I like a variety of songs, so I like to let Media Monkey choose the music. Very seldom do I play the whole album.
You probably can't make it through a whole song without switching Cans.
👆👆👆👆👆😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back