For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Feb 20, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #2,446 of 20,824
Nice VOs! Look amazing from your avatar/photo.
Thanks David.

I tried to put a big pic in but don't know how to do a http photo, but now it is letting me do a pic drop. I'm new and slightly confused.

Is this how you respond to a comment or should I have done it in a more less open way?

Technically they are : Verite Open epoxy resin stabilized Buckeye Burl called Hinualt 2 powered by Woo WA5 with ZMF Lektrik S HPC and a RME ADI FS dac.
11629404.jpeg

Feb 20, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #2,447 of 20,824
Thanks David.

I tried to put a big pic in but don't know how to do a http photo, but now it is letting me do a pic drop. I'm new and slightly confused.

Is this how you respond to a comment or should I have done it in a more less open way?

Technically they are : Verite Open epoxy resin stabilized Buckeye Burl called Hinualt 2 powered by Woo WA5 with ZMF Lektrik S HPC and a RME ADI FS dac.
11629404.jpeg

Awesome! You did it all correct....Plus, you Fargo guys own wood chippers, so we're not going to tell you what to do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Feb 20, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #2,448 of 20,824
Awesome! You did it all correct....Plus, you Fargo guys own wood chippers, so we're not going to tell you what to do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Had to sell the wood chipper to pay off a crime-lord, he calls himself Zach M.

Feb 20, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #2,451 of 20,824
Feb 20, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #2,453 of 20,824
JRiver MC (PC) > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro

revelintime.jpg

Revel In Time by Star One - Arjen Anthony Lucassen's brand new album featuring a who's who of the prog metal world including a different vocalist for every track :L3000:
I've tried a few different headphones on both of the last two albums I posted but in each case the DT1990 was the only one that sounded just right for some reason.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #2,455 of 20,824
Just an ordinary KPH30I w/ Yaxi Pads > Yuki Hayashi - You Say Run

Nothing ordinary about Koss! Great headphones! I have the "clear" version. Not sure if they will fit on yours, but you might want to consider the "G" pads here. They will create a larger soundstage.

JRiver MC (PC) > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro

revelintime.jpg

Revel In Time by Star One - Arjen Anthony Lucassen's brand new album featuring a who's who of the prog metal world including a different vocalist for every track :L3000:
I've tried a few different headphones on both of the last two albums I posted but in each case the DT1990 was the only one that sounded just right for some reason.

Don't fight it. As you know, this hobby is often a game of inches. If the DT1990s are working... go with it !! :)

Feb 20, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #2,456 of 20,824
Nothing ordinary about Koss! Great headphones! I have the "clear" version. Not sure if they will fit on yours, but you might want to consider the "G" pads here. They will create a larger soundstage.
I know. I was just creating some sarcasm :p. It sounds very similar to the 58Xs, which is a compliment IMO. The headband broke today and I decided to fix it with whatever I got laying around.

I tried the mod with those pads and I didn't like them. I wear glasses and they were uncomfortable for me. Thanks for the suggestion though! Koss makes great, mod-able headphones.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #2,459 of 20,824
ATH-AD900X > Audio-gd R2R-11

- Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Things I Used to Do

Feb 20, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #2,460 of 20,824
Saw them back in the day when they played like 10 dates. Pretty sterile. Yes was similar.
Yeah, same here. I may take some crap for this next comment, but as much as I like Yes' material, they proved to be quite boring (like you said, "sterile") in concert. They seemed intent on reproducing their songs note for note. In fact, most prog bands tend to be like this. By nature, the songs don't offer a lot of wiggle room for improv or jamming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back