For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Apr 30, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #20,131 of 20,654
roon > SMSL SU9 > Violectric HPS V222 > Sennheiser HD800S :thumbsup::thumbsup:

unhalfbricking.jpg

Unhalfbricking (1969) by Fairport Convention - The second of three albums they released in '69 and is a stepping stone between the more Americanised "What We Did On Our Holidays" and the classic, "Liege and Lief", which was full on English folk-rock. Imagine any of today's bands being asked to make three albums in a year, hahaha. My favourite by far is the eleven minute, traditional, A Sailor's Life which features Dave Swarbrick, who later joined the band. There's a lot going on throughout this album so the HD800S were brought into action to space it out a little and it all sounds rather good and was a fine choice for pre-bed listening. :darthsmile:

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #20,132 of 20,654
iMac > Qobuz > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE (NOS) > Schiit Freya+ Tube Pre > Ferrum OOR & Hypsos > Hifiman Susvara

The musicianship on this track is off the charts. The drummer (Stéphane Gallan) absolutes kills the groove but still manages to leave space for everyone else to sonically take the stage. It's Jazz, it's funk, it's fusion, it's even rock at times...

I highly recommend the whole album!

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 12.02.22 AM.png
Good shout, I'm really enjoying this :L3000:

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #20,133 of 20,654
roon > SMSL SU9 > Violectric HPS V222 > Sennheiser HD800S :thumbsup::thumbsup:

unhalfbricking.jpg

Unhalfbricking (1969) by Fairport Convention - The second of three albums they released in '69 and is a stepping stone between the more Americanised "What We Did On Our Holidays" and the classic, "Liege and Lief", which was full on English folk-rock. Imagine any of today's bands being asked to make three albums in a year, hahaha. My favourite by far is the eleven minute, traditional, A Sailor's Life which features Dave Swarbrick, who later joined the band. There's a lot going on throughout this album so the HD800S were brought into action to space it out a little and it all sounds rather good and was a fine choice for pre-bed listening. :darthsmile:
Superb track that. Sailor's life. Thanks. Heard and enjoyed on trio. Now replaying it on miroak2. Will get to rest of album after

Apr 30, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #20,136 of 20,654
Some blues and coffee for breakfast! Roon/Qobuz => Yggy GS2 => Feliks Espressivio => DT 880 (600 ohm)

1714477250229.png

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #20,140 of 20,654
In the office listening to my Gilmore Lite mk2 -> Senn HD58X, waiting to get off work so I can listen to my Blue Hawaii BJT -> Audeze CRBN & Stax 007mk2 (flat pads)

I can't decide which estat I like more. Both pretty much the pinnacle of what headphones can do "estats have no bass" lol....right.

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #20,141 of 20,654
Relaxing music for a busy day!
Tidal to Fiio Q15 and onto the Tanchjim Origin :)

First, Zero 7 - When it falls
Zero7.JPG

Then, Moderator - The world within
Moderator.JPG

Next: Get home from work, and hopefully be able to find time for an evening session at the main rig at home :D

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #20,142 of 20,654
On Miroak II

The Dave Brubeck quartet: Jazz impressions of Japan

https://songwhip.com/the-dave-brubeck-quartet/jazz-impressions-of-japan1964

51azhNdad-L.jpg

"
With this elevated position came some complications. Notably, there was the question of race. Brubeck had Native American heritage but he was still a former ranch hand from Stockton, California — a white man playing music invented and popularized by Black men. Certainly, Brubeck’s rise was somewhat tied into his race. At the time when Time placed his face on its cover, the magazine was considering putting Ellington on its front. Brubeck discovered he made the cut when Duke showed up at his hotel room brandishing the periodical.

Ellington bore no grudge, but Brubeck was keenly aware of the disparity, not just in this incident but throughout the globe at large. He was respected by his peers, close with Ellington and Charles Mingus, and ever since he fronted his "Wolfpack Band" while serving on the European front in World War II, Brubeck led racially mixed bands. As the Civil Rights movement gained momentum during the late '50s, Brubeck received considerable pressure regarding the presence of Eugene Wright, who happened to be Black. College after college in the American South suggested that Brubeck drop Wright for the concert the quartet was scheduled to play in their city — suggestions that Brubeck not only ignored but confronted, pushing Wright to center stage when it was hinted that perhaps he should be hidden away at the back"

Full article here

Apr 30, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #20,143 of 20,654
Tonight was an IEM night, for Pinky. Lovely evening for Zeppelin and a cigar.

iBasso DX300+AMP14 > EE Legend X

Fellow cigar enthusiast, very nice. I've had some amazing sticks this year, probably best value to performance ratio was the Avo Fogata in Toro; vanilla cream undertone throughout, lemongrass, coffee, orange zest, caramel, sweet cedar, white pepper. Bought 2 boxes, put away in tupperdors. Can't wait to dig into them but they need to rest for a few months at 58-60%RH/70F. The Avo is like an $8-$10 stick btw.

Attachments

• signal-2024-04-28-163839_002.jpeg
    signal-2024-04-28-163839_002.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #20,144 of 20,654
Roon/Qobuz => Yggy GS2 => Espressivio => Clear OG

1714494360546.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back