For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 6, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #18,257 of 21,404
Mar 6, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #18,260 of 21,404
This morning I've got the Audeze MM-500s running off my Ferrum Oor/Hypsos stack with the Holo Audio May KTE decoding the ones and zeros from my laptop.

I have a new album to listen to for today as part of that 1001 albums list, but I wanted to relisten to the album from yesterday to complete my listening notes before I decide on a rating: Foo Fighters 1995 self-titled debut. This is an absolute classic and was one of those albums that came out and really cemented alternative as the dominant genre in rock at the time, signalling the end of grunge at the top. Dave Grohl really put together one of those albums that plays a role in defining an era when he released this. I loved it then and I love it now. Catchy, straightforward, and fun! 🤘😎

Foo-Fighters-Album.jpg

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #18,261 of 21,404
P.S. You guys may be older, but I've been blown up and people call me an old soul. Can I be part of the club? 😉😂

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #18,262 of 21,404
I have always like this album from Joe quite a lot, mainly because it is so well recorded, specially the drums. They really pop on this album. It turns out the producer of this album, Glyn Thomas Johns, had developed his own method of recording drums, using quite few microphones. I don't know much about his technique, but I love the end result! :)
Joe Satriani - Joe Satriani on the SMSL/V200/Kiwi Ears Cadenza combo:
JS.png

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #18,264 of 21,404
1001 Albums Day 3
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me (2002)
Szalayi / RU7 / iPhone 15 PM / Qobuz HiRes
IMG_6795.jpeg

Ahhhhh VERY excited. I have been meaning to relisten to this in full, haven’t probably since it came out and I thought I was too cool and pretentious for Norah Jones… what fools we are so young! And perfectly in time to revisit for the release of her new album Friday. A beautiful record, if you are on these forums and somehow have yet to be serenaded by Norah then here is your alert.

Rating -
:star: :star::star::star::star:

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #18,265 of 21,404
1001 Albums Day 3
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me (2002)
Szalayi / RU7 / iPhone 15 PM / Qobuz HiRes
IMG_6795.jpeg

Ahhhhh VERY excited. I have been meaning to relisten to this in full, haven’t probably since it came out and I thought I was too cool and pretentious for Norah Jones… what fools we are so young! And perfectly in time to revisit for the release of her new album Friday. A beautiful record, if you are on these forums and somehow have yet to be serenaded by Norah then here is your alert.

Rating -
:star: :star::star::star::star:

One of my favorite female vocalists and female vocal centric albums of all time. Norah's singing on this album makes me melt. I definitely have a huge vocal crush on her. ♥️

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #18,266 of 21,404
For today's new 1001 album I switched over to the Hifiman Susvaras, but I kept the Ferrum Oor/Hypsos and Holo May KTE signal chain.

Up next in my journey is R.E.M.'s 1983 debut LP, Murmur. I haven't listened to this one for many years, but I have spun it several times over the years. I remember thinking it's unpolished compared to later albums of theirs (no surprise for a debut release) with a bit more of a generic poppy feel than the sound I normally associate with R.E.M. That said, I'm interested to see how it hits me this time around as my musical tastes have broadened significantly since the last time I remember listening to this album and I imagine I might be a bit more open and sympathetic to it at this point in my musical evolution. All of that aside, I do remember it having some good tracks (We Walk comes to mind as an example). Time to find out how it sits! 👍😎

1200x1200bf-60.jpg

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #18,267 of 21,404
P.S. You guys may be older, but I've been blown up and people call me an old soul. Can I be part of the club? 😉😂
We'll accept you as a member in training! Say it out loud now, "GET OFF MY GRASS". If you do it convincingly you are a natural old soul!

Leo

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #18,268 of 21,404
Relisten
Rush - Moving Pictures (1981)
Szalayi / RU7 / v50 / FLAC thru UAPP
IMG_6796.jpeg

I mean, does anything need to be said

rating -
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #18,269 of 21,404
Kinera Verdandi + HIBY R8 II

1709760390403.png