For Those Interested in Ordering Cyber 20 from Opera
Sep 25, 2001 at 2:39 AM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
Hey Templeboy, YGM.

I concur. Really nice job you're doing on this.

Sep 25, 2001 at 11:17 PM Post #19 of 41
Important Update as of 10/01

For Cyber 20, the current price is $300, down to $289 if there are 15 units ordered. Shipping Weight each 8kG (for both amp and ps!)

For Cyber 30, the price a/v only for Headfi/wizer is $618. The only info I have on it: two 2A3/300B,one ECC83, single ended class A
More info to come. Shipping Weight 15-16KG.

Air freight (24 hours) from Beijing to PHL airport, 45KG carton only which can be handled by one man without much difficulty: $4.00/kg

100KG carton only saves $.40 per KG but it's awfully heavy to handle. So no biggies!

For WHOLE SHIPMENT, not per carton
custom cleanence fee : $30.00
icidental expenses : $20.00

Then I ship individually through UPS Ground and such. Therefore, the final shipping cost is topped out at about $40-$45!!!! If there is a Headfier on West Coast can pick the cartons, then the shipping will be even lower.

Customer service, one year warranty except tubes (90 days for tubes as tradition). Overseas shipping covered.

Anyone on the west coast can pick up at major airports such as LAX so as to save shipping? Also, my car is a small sports coupe and it would be extremely difficult for my to stuff those packages in there.

I respond 100+ business and perosnal emails a day. This one is a tax on my personal time but I still strive to answer every Headfier's message withing 24 hours.

If you decided to order either 20 or 30, please send me an email. The cut off date will be 10/03 (extended from 10/02 due to holiday in China). On 10/04, I will contact those made decision on final price and shipping cost, along with payment info. After I collect dough (Make sure the MO drawee is not me. Under no circumstance the fund should be comingled for mutual protection), I will Priority out $ to China and people should start receiving toys in 10-15 days.

Sep 25, 2001 at 11:43 PM Post #20 of 41
Excellent, templeboy.

I'm going to be looking for more info on the Cyber30 and then I'll let you know.

Thanks again for all the time and effort here!

Sep 25, 2001 at 11:59 PM Post #21 of 41
Thanks DustyChalk for offering picking up at DC.

I prefer someone trusty on this forum in West Coast to pick the cartons up at major airports and distribute out through UPS etc. This way, there should be some savings on air freight. If there is no taker, I will rent a truck and call a deck hand to move those 100KG (220lb+) suckers.

Sep 26, 2001 at 12:09 AM Post #22 of 41
Thanks for the info templeboy! What do you think will be the total shipping cost per amp not including ground delivery? Assuming 5 buyers for the opera 20, I get around $70.. Do you have any idea what the weight of each amp is, because I'm assuming about 15kg. Solomon said the amp itself weighs about 7kg and the power supply weighs more than that.

Sep 26, 2001 at 12:48 AM Post #25 of 41
I can do West Coast shipping. Privately email me for location.

Sep 26, 2001 at 12:50 AM Post #26 of 41
Errrr... Maybe I'm missing something here... How heavy are the cartons?!?!

Sep 26, 2001 at 2:27 AM Post #27 of 41
Templeboy,

You're doing a great job and a lot of work on this project, and I'm sure we all appreciate the effort.

I've decided to go with the Micro ZOTL again, rather than the Opera 20.

Thanks again.

Sep 27, 2001 at 3:55 PM Post #28 of 41
Some specifications about Cyber 30 (2A3 version, no specification for 300B yet)

CONTROL FUNCTIONS: Volume, Mode Switch(normal/headphone), Power On/Off
POWER OUTPUT: 3.5W x2 RMS 1kHz
TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: less than 1%( 2 watt, 1kHz )
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: ( -3dB points at 2 watt ) 6Hz - 35kHz
INPUT SENSITIVITY: 600mV
INPUT IMPEDANCE: 100k ohms
OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 4,8 ohms. User selectable.
SIGNAL/NOISE: 90dB
CONSUMPTION: 86 watt
INPUT INTERFACES: 1 group (RCA) - (on the rear panel )
INPUT INTERFACES: speaker terminals - ( on the rear panel ) and
headphone jack - ( on the front panel )
OVERALL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: None
VACUUM TUBE: 2A3 x 2,ECC83 x1
DIMENSIONS: 320 ( L ) x 260 ( W ) x 150( H ) mm
WEIGHT:15kg ( packed )

> 1. Can the user switch between 2A3 and 300B configurations easily?

--- Just need to rewire heater and high voltage supply, change the cathode resistors. (templeboy: Very easy to do for DIYers)

> 2. Can you provide an internal parts list (caps, resistors, diodes, etc)?

--- RS Caps(U.K. brand, made in Italy), Dahongpao Military Resistors (Chinese made, used in aerospace project) , solid-state diodes.

> 3. Can the user specify upgraded internal parts?

--- I'm afraid not and we thought users prefer to do it themselves... (templeboy: again easy for DIYers)

> Could you provide me with information as to how the headphone circuit
is wired in the Cyber 30 (resistor based or transformer based),

--- I'm afraid it's a over-require and could not be published simply.

> what kind of headphone impedance it can drive and what kind of output power it can supply to the headphones?

From 10 ohm to 600 ohm, as well as Cyber-30.

For Cyber20, 1W for 10ohm and 200 ohm headphone , 0.1W(low) or 0.3W(high) for 100 ohm headphone, 0.8W for 300ohm phone and so on.

> Final question: What kind of warranty do the Cyber products carry?

---One year warranty except tubes, which is 90 days as tradition.

> And do warranty claims mean shipping the unit overseas?

Sure.

Sep 27, 2001 at 4:14 PM Post #29 of 41
Sweet. I'm probably gonna do this. 2A3 configuration to start for me, probably. 300Bs are way too overpriced......

Now.... Do I buy another set of Senns and have a set at home with the MG Head? Or do I just sell the MG Head?

biggrin.gif

Brian.

Sep 27, 2001 at 5:18 PM Post #30 of 41
Do you have any idea on how the headphone circuit is wired?
What kind of impedance it can drive and is it a resistor or tranformer based circuit? I may go for the Cyber 30 if it can
drive both my HD600 and AKG k1000s, probably the 300B version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back