For Those Interested in Ordering Cyber 20 from Opera
Sep 20, 2001 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

templeboy

100+ Head-Fier
I decided to volunteer my time for those want to order Cyber 20 or 30. Please send me an email at cjiang@sbm.temple.edu indicating your interest as I should be able to work something out for us headphoners.

They actually have a whole bunch of other stuffs:

Cyber-10, KT88/6550/EL34/KT66 single ended amp with headphone jack and triode/ultralinear switch.KT88 version's output power is 12W(ultralinear)/5W(triode)
Cyber-20, headphone amp
Cyber-30,2A3/300B single ended amp with headphone jack. Output power, 3W(2A3)/8W(300B).

I don't have further details for 10 and 30.

The first step now is to collect the list of interested people. No firm commitment necessary.

After that, I will work out details like price, shipping, customer service, etc and post results here. Then I will ask for the firm commitment. At that stage, the price may go up and down depends on the actual # of commit. The worse case of only a handful, the price will top at $300. Therefore, please visit this thread regularly for updates!

Sep 20, 2001 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 41
So far I have

morphsc
jphone
rewelc01
cw1
JG
Kirsch
earache
monk

interested to buy.

Jim wants to but worry about $ safety. Opera has solid reputation so shall not fear.

DarkArtist and 20SilkCut interested but they are in UK and I need to work out non-US situation. We should try to work things out for the Europeans (who repeatedly get left over. Check a thread in For Sale, you will see the LOUD complain.)!

Jaskin might be interested if it sounds good (duh!). Based on Soloman in Shanghai's conservative opinion, it sounds at least as good as MG Head. Of course, none of us at overseas gets chance to hear it as it's so new. Based on the news post (in Chinese) I read and the specifications and build, it should present great value.

The more people we have, the better discount we may get.

As you can see, I don't need the amp (decided to keep RKV) and won't get anyting out of it. It's a pure volunteer work. If you ask quote directly from Opera, chances are, they are going to give you an expensive one or don't quote at all. Their Reference preamp is sold at multiple times the price in XXXXX than in China!

Sep 20, 2001 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 41
Thanks, templeboy! I look forward to getting back into headphone mode!

biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2001 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 41
Hrm. The 30 has me interested...

Sep 20, 2001 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 41
Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Let me know what the Opera30 in 2A3 and 300B configs each cost. Thanks!

Brian.

Sep 24, 2001 at 2:57 PM Post #13 of 41
This is a great price, and a tough decision. Is this the everyday price, or is it a reduced price for group purchase?

Are there any specs or parts lists available for this amp?

Thanks again.

Brian.

Sep 24, 2001 at 3:45 PM Post #14 of 41
The price for 300B is only available through me for Headwizer/fiers. It's incrediably inexpensive that at least it will be a great tweaking platform.

Still working on cyber 20 price but progress should be on fast track now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back