1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

For some reason you can only keep one headphone - which one ?

1. BobG55
    Ok, so you find yourself in an hypothetical situation where you have to rid yourself of your audio material & can only keep one headphone. Which one would you keep ? You don't have to explain why but you can if you wish.

In my case : it would be the Sennheiser HD600.

wuwhere likes this.
  2. snapple10
    Sennheiser HD650.
    The only phone I bought and sold multiple times , keeping my 5th pair

BobG55 likes this.
  3. blackdragon87
    another vote for the hd 600

BobG55 likes this.
  4. jsmiller58
    Elex

BobG55 likes this.
  5. serman005
    HD650

BobG55 likes this.
  6. wuwhere Contributor
    Probably my HE-6 but the 007 is so compelling and I have two.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    BobG55 likes this.
  7. wuwhere Contributor
    I'm done with what headphones I have. However if I am still pursuing a one and only I would go with a 009 and a BHSE because 25 years from now this combo would still sound superb.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    BobG55 likes this.
  8. holland123
    Beyerdynamics 990's

BobG55 likes this.
  9. Spareribs
    Sennheiser HD600 because it’s comfortable and the sound is balanced overall. There’s better headphones but sometimes better details and better bass and highs can be a distraction. Also, since the HD600 is cheap in price ( especially open box stock) I don’t worry about it being destroyed or damaged. It’s like a comfortable pair of old blue jeans,

BobG55 likes this.
  10. swollazn
    Bose QC35

Noise cancellation, bluetooth, and convenience is what I currently prioritize. At home, the HD598 though.

BobG55 likes this.
  11. NZtechfreak
    Tough one. My Utopia, or HE-6? Probably the former, but not an easy question. Question hopefully becomes easier when I get Abyss Phi TC relatively soon.

BobG55 likes this.
  12. god-bluff
    HD25 : versatile, great sound out of most things with almost infinite 'scalability' Can last a lifetime. Rugged enough to survive nuclear armageddon . Every part available and easily changed.
    Only headphone anyone needs imo

BobG55 likes this.
  13. Strat1117
    I might be the only one, but I’d keep my modified HD580 Precisions over my HD600. Both wonderful, but the 580s have been in my arsenal forever and they still hold their own. A touch less sophisticated, but more fun at a party.... Plus, all of the Senns in that series are like cockroaches - you can’t kill ‘em!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    god-bluff and BobG55 like this.