For Sale Forum Policy Vote
Nov 24, 2002 at 11:51 PM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

It's funny that many of you who are in favor of restricting the for sale forum think some non-audio items like computer equipment, games, etc, should be allowed. Why? Those are no more relevent to our hobby than bicycling.

Many people here use computers as a source for MP3s and DVDs. They also use their computer to burn CDs. They also sometimes use headphones while listening to their computer for either music or gaming. Video games, whether computer or console based, usually tie into an audio system, contain music tracks, are CD based, and again are sometimes played with headphones on.

Nov 25, 2002 at 1:15 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

I really like the idea of a minimum post requirement

great idea!

I see no problem leaving it open to everything (especially with a post requirement to sell/buy).
However, you could restrict sales to anything discussed on the forum.(except cadavers
rolleyes.gif
)

Nov 25, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #20 of 33
I say leave it open to everything. There haven't been any problems so far, so why change things? Anyway, I'd prefer to buy something from a head-fier. . .

Nov 25, 2002 at 5:50 AM Post #22 of 33
I agree with andrzejpw. As long as the forum does not get clogged with people selling old toothbrushes and earwax I don't think there is a problem. I have not been cruising the for sale forum much lately, but I have not really noticed a rash of non-audio related items. I mean, if I want to buy an old toothbrush or some earwax, I know I can find it on e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=738001392

Nov 25, 2002 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 33
I do like the minimum post count idea. I also think there should be a forum to sell anything and everything since we'll probably spend any money we make from selling stuff on CDs and audio gear.

Nov 25, 2002 at 4:23 PM Post #24 of 33
I say leave it open. The policy can always be changed later, if it ever becomes a problem.

Nov 25, 2002 at 6:41 PM Post #25 of 33
Nov 26, 2002 at 7:38 PM Post #27 of 33
I voted for anything and everything. I don't think that too many people here will get taken in scams as this community is pretty tight and we pretty much know each other well enough to know who is legit and who just popped up on the radar to sell stuff.

I also believe that we should have some form of control as to who can post stuff for sale. Not sure what that will be or how it will play out, but for someone to sell here maybe they would need to have permission from a moderator or somthing after they have posted a certain number of times so that everyone has an idea about that person. It's not too hard to do a search and get some background on that person.

Nov 26, 2002 at 8:09 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by nebuchadnezzar However, you could restrict sales to anything discussed on the forum.(except cadavers)

I demand that you allow decent working people -- people with families -- to sell cadavers in this forum. How else are they going to be able to afford the funeral?

Seriously -- if anyone has a cadaver for sale, feel free to PM. Mint condition only, no gouges or blemishes. Original box with packaging must be included.

Nov 26, 2002 at 10:33 PM Post #29 of 33
I'm for the post count restriction myself.

Oh and we shouldn't limit off the wall posts... Like the guy who was trying to sell his brother-in-law... That thread was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Nov 26, 2002 at 11:03 PM Post #30 of 33
The problem with the post count thing is that some are more loquacious than others...If it is something like ten, someone could just rattle off a few inane comments and then post it. But if it is any more than 10 or 20, some of the people who are valued but do not speak much are left out. That is why I am not such a big fan of that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back