For Head-fi & Audiophile Women
Mar 3, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #61 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look exactly like your avatar, I think I see the problem....
blink.gif
rolleyes.gif

HA!HA! Although I think you were trying to be insulting, this made me laugh!
biggrin.gif
I didn't realize that being a huge fan of Kraftwerk could be such a problem!

Well, I was being serious when I said I couldn't find men who liked this hobby as much as I do. However, I should have specified "in my experience" outside of internet boards.

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #62 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope; no problem there!

She has a much nicer and much more attractive avatar on the other site!!

HA! I think I know what site you're talking about!
wink.gif
I should've chosen a different user name, huh?
etysmile.gif
Oh, well! I would just like to say that you guys 'over there' couldn't possible be any nicer!
biggrin.gif
There's never been a time where I haven't felt welcomed.

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #63 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by martinq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the hell
blink.gif
. Having a gf like you two, what else could a man wish for?

haha, maybe i should dump him, and go looking for a fellow head-fier. just imagine the equipment we'd have, what with his obsessiveness, and my inclination to say buy buy buy!

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #64 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, maybe i should dump him, and go looking for a fellow head-fier. just imagine the equipment we'd have, what with his obsessiveness, and my inclination to say buy buy buy!

LOL!
k1000smile.gif
A lot of guys like to talk about WAF (wife approval factor). It makes me envious that I'm not the one married to that guy! However, can you imagine how broke we'd all be?

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #65 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicfox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HA! I think I know what site you're talking about!
wink.gif
I should've chosen a different user name, huh?
etysmile.gif
Oh, well! I would just like to say that you guys 'over there' couldn't possible be any nicer!
biggrin.gif
There's never been a time where I haven't felt welcomed.

No; Dear Lady. You have chosen exactly the "right" user name. Don'tcha dare change a thing!

.....neither here, nor there!
cool.gif

EDIT: Now I'm in trouble. I was trying to be nice; but my Wife thought I was flirting!!

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #66 of 90
Quote:

LOL!
k1000smile.gif
A lot of guys like to talk about WAF (wife approval factor). It makes me envious that I'm not the one married to that guy! However, can you imagine how broke we'd all be?

Broke but happy, who cares
600smile.gif
580smile.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #68 of 90
Quote:

biggrin.gif

A laugh was my intent -- certainly not an insult -- I never do that.
icon10.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #70 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that it?
I expected a lot more responses and my thread seems to be gone
in vain somewhere. Anymore........?

Same thing happened to the similar thread I started a while back in the members' forum. I think the thread died quickly because, other than the curiosity factor of finding out who the other women members are and our experiences (which are about the same), we're on this site for the same reasons guys are. Once we sorta had our say about being women head-fiers, there really wasn't anything more to add, and we just went back to being head-fiers, reading about gear, music, and whatever.

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #73 of 90
Quote:

biggrin.gif
I didn't realize that being a huge fan of Kraftwerk could be such a problem! .

Hi, I really like the avatar (it caught my eye before I started reading)! Ralf was kinda dorky-looking as a young guy. He's matured into a fine elder statesman of electronic music.

OK, back to the serious business of the thread... Male nerds/geeks go through 12 steps in relation to female nerds/geeks:
- disbelief
- disdain
- stand-offish acceptance
- showing off
- lapdogishness
- improper, vaguely sexual advances and/or references
- scorn
- pettiness
- resignation
- open-mindedness
- respect
- disdain (i.e. you're one of the boys now)

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #74 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by oxymoron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I really like the avatar (it caught my eye before I started reading)! Ralf was kinda dorky-looking as a young guy. He's matured into a fine elder statesman of electronic music.

OK, back to the serious business of the thread... Male nerds/geeks go through 12 steps in relation to female nerds/geeks:
- disbelief
- disdain
- stand-offish acceptance
- showing off
- lapdogishness
- improper, vaguely sexual advances and/or references
- scorn
- pettiness
- resignation
- open-mindedness
- respect
- disdain (i.e. you're one of the boys now)

Good for you males that there aren't many female geeks...It would probably keep you busy all day haha
icon10.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #75 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I started a similar thread in the members forum not that long ago, asking other other female head-fiers about their experience.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222688

I have always found it curious why more women aren't actively interested in audio equipment and listening to music, not just as background noise at a party or to sing along to in the car, but to listen to quietly and completely.

I'm not sure what the OP means by "test rig" but you can check out my profile. I think my home and portable rigs are as decent as most men's on this forum, if that's what you mean (though I don't think that's important in the least). I am happy with what I've got (that's all that matters), though we'll see what transpires down the road. Maybe I'll go balanced next year.
340smile.gif

in my experience (male, but with 3 sisters, wife of 8 years (now ex), female best friends, etc.) women are more interested in the message than the medium. that's why when you meet a girl-fi always check for a pee-pee-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back