For Head-fi & Audiophile Women
Mar 1, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #31 of 90
There are probably many women who appreciate good sound and seek out good audio equipment. I just don't think they frequent forums like this one to talk (or gloat) about it!
tongue.gif
It's only us dorky guys that engage in such trivial pursuits...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Bring on the flamethrowers!

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #32 of 90
I'm afraid you gentlemen mostly have it all wrong about women, as usual. It isn't that we don't love music as much as men or that we don't want the best equipment we can get, but while you all are surfing this forum boasting about your hi-dolloar equipment, most women are working two jobs to support their children or cooking dinner and dealing with the kids. As a news report I heard today stated, when women earn money they feel they have to give it to others, such as husbands (so they can buy MORE headphones
evil_smiley.gif
) or parents so they can afford their perscription meds or children so they can play school sports
plainface.gif
. Silly us, I know!!

Yes, their are women "nerds" as one member mentioned, it's just that they are undercover most of the time, and again, have a tendency to give their money to others. I love my cx300s, SR225s, Vibes, ipod 80g, and go-vibe, along with other equipment, but I do have a life and rarely post on this forum. Couldn't resist this one though. The truth of the matter is that most women just don't have the time or money to invest in a hobby that seems so selfish (not that it is)! If more women would just take the time, it would greatly enhance their lifes, but family always comes first.

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #33 of 90
As a female I just have to reply. Pooh 831 makes some very good points. I am a singer and music lover. I'd love to have top notch headphones but because of living on dh's income I have to choose my family's needs before my own. When I decided I wanted new headphones I did my research. I chose the marshmallows and have been please. Now I want to mod a pair. I do have a nice stereo that was given to me a long time ago that I want to improve upon. However that is not a huge priority. The more I see people's systems on this site the more I crave. But alas those things will just have to wait. Oh, and I am a girl gamer and love gagets.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #34 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure what the OP means by "test rig" but you can check out my profile. I think my home and portable rigs are as decent as most men's on this forum, if that's what you mean (though I don't think that's important in the least). I am happy with what I've got (that's all that matters), though we'll see what transpires down the road. Maybe I'll go balanced next year.
340smile.gif

Having now looked at your profile, I'd say your rigs are good enough to make most male forum members positively green with envy!

Mar 1, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #35 of 90
Well there we go.
Atleast we have got some Women who do care about quality.
Thanks for all postings from Contrastique, Boomana,
Scrapqueen (Probably you have got same position as me), Pooh831,
EnOYiN and MaloS.
Hope you women are having a bit of fun with this thread.

Mar 2, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #36 of 90
callin em out by name...and thus a new database on someone's desktop was born
eek.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #38 of 90
Ahhh, my first post! I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, but I'm happy to speak out and say that I'm a female with good taste in audio equipment. You'd all be surprised at my list of audio gadgets!
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #39 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
callin em out by name...and thus a new database on someone's desktop was born
eek.gif

Well if you think that way I can't help.
I have called out the names because I have started this thread
to get to know about women responding, not me neither you.
Anyways I would make sure that this won't happen.

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #41 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicfox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhh, my first post! I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, but I'm happy to speak out and say that I'm a female with good taste in audio equipment. You'd all be surprised at my list of audio gadgets!
icon10.gif

Welcome to head-fi - sorry for your wallet
orphsmile.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #42 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No need to take anything personally... An average woman does not care about sound quality and would not think about it twice--just like an average guy does not care whether his shoes are the last fashionable model (although I do know some weird guys
blink.gif
). If it wasn't so, 50% of head-fiers would be girls, no? (And for many of us, life would be easier.)

All of us are freaky, but head-fi girls are slightly more freaky than head-fi boys
tongue.gif
And in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters much.

It seems though that many guys, even around here are into sound quality. It seems to be more about gear under the guise of it being about sound.

Mar 2, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #43 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having now looked at your profile, I'd say your rigs are good enough to make most male forum members positively green with envy!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHPC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rule #37, for those who don't know it:
There are no girls on the internet....ever.

smily_headphones1.gif

I figured it was something like that, but since I really didn't know, thanks. I guess that rule's a little dated, huh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicfox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif

Hi, Sonicfox. Nice first post. Welcome, and sorry about your purse!

Mar 2, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #44 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooh831 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The truth of the matter is that most women just don't have the time or money to invest in a hobby that seems so selfish (not that it is)!

I think this is a VERY selfish hobby. But one of the best as well. There's nothing quite as satisfying as hearing your favorite music on something that sounds great as to enhance the experience. Nothing wrong with helping yourself
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back