For Head-fi & Audiophile Women
Mar 1, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 90
I started a similar thread in the members forum not that long ago, asking other other female head-fiers about their experience.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222688

I have always found it curious why more women aren't actively interested in audio equipment and listening to music, not just as background noise at a party or to sing along to in the car, but to listen to quietly and completely.

I'm not sure what the OP means by "test rig" but you can check out my profile. I think my home and portable rigs are as decent as most men's on this forum, if that's what you mean (though I don't think that's important in the least). I am happy with what I've got (that's all that matters), though we'll see what transpires down the road. Maybe I'll go balanced next year.
340smile.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #17 of 90
This reminds me of how my mom can't tell the diff. between hdtv and sdtv....

But, I had my last gf try my A900s, she almost stole them while I was in the shower one day, luckily, I got out before she left.... And she hates the jvc clipons that she has for her mp3....

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #23 of 90
I too know few women who are into high-quality sound reproduction. But I don't think that's the issue. The issue is that I don't know many women who care about music to the level that I do. It's not that a person cannot appreciate a good audio system because they can't notice, it's that they just don't care (and that's fine). Unless someone cares about the music, they're not going to be paying attention to the details in the sound.
I do know one female music-lover who definitely appreciates a good rig. Also, all of the female musicians I've known care a lot about quality (of course!).

It's just like anything else, I guess. What really perplexes me is that there just doesn't *seem* to be as many ladies as men who qualify themselves as "music nerds." What's up with that? Any ideas?

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #24 of 90
I generally do not see such a thing as some king of a 'nerd' amongst women, ever notice? Not too many tech geeks amongst females, less devout gamers, less car junkies,...there is that gist of males being much more obsessive over technology...>.<

Also, I actually know about as many girls who care about good audio/music as guys...and I know alot more guys as a gender.

Mar 1, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #25 of 90
I have to say. I actually don't meet many guys who are interested in real good equip as well. (more guys than girls though yeah)
No guys here walking around with a good set of cans on their head. Maybe I live in the wrong city.....

Mar 1, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #26 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mosesrulesag8.jpg

Huh?
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a jib this thread is... I read the entire thread, and there wasn't a girl posting anywhere in it!
evil_smiley.gif
So much for a thread on/for women.

How did you reach that conclusion?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #27 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh?
confused.gif

Rule #37 of the internet. I think I'll shut up now before an army of female internet users tries and track me down...

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #29 of 90
Same here in London, the best I have seen so far is one Shure E3 and some E2 and this is the Square Mile we're talking about. I have a feeling that I'm the only one who wears E500 in the whole city.
plainface.gif
Why don't they have some sort of "Dummy: The Guide to Sound Equipment" course
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say. I actually don't meet many guys who are interested in real good equip as well. (more guys than girls though yeah)
No guys here walking around with a good set of cans on their head. Maybe I live in the wrong city.....

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #30 of 90
Oh noes...

Another "are there any women using good headphones" thread. Ofcourse there are. Not a lot obviously buy then again I rarely see guys walking around with something decent on their head.

And let's think about it this way:
How many people are walking around with K1000s?

Not a lot I can tell you that. I don't own K1000s and if I did I would certainly not walk around with them. There are enough guys asking me about WHY ON EARTH I bought a headphone amplifier. (do you get more volume with that?) So I think there are not a lot of people who are in to Hi-Fi equipment either way and if they are you might not be able to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back