For Grado Lovers Only
Jan 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #16 of 34
For the MS1, I'm surprised by the sound quality. Even better, it's very versatile, and I can't wait to mod them. In fact, I ordered the J$ headband V2 from Head-Direct for $20. Great deal. Just shipped.

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #17 of 34
RS-1 are my boogie phones. They are permanent fixtures cause they make the ipod & computer sound pretty good without an amp. If you like the G sound, get the woodies and smile.

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #18 of 34
Valiente sure is enthusiastic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #19 of 34
If I look back, I'd rather have the RS1i than the HF2. Both are great headphones, but I just loved the musical sound of the RS1i's. One step above in my opinion, though I have to admit I didn't give the HF2 much chance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks, do you know a store in the netherland where i will be able to audition them?

Studio Noot (near Amsterdam CS) had the full Grado line-up last time I was there. I should add that if you go for an audition, it'd only be fair to also buy it at the store if you like it. It's more expensive than an import (especially with Grado's) but you do get the service to listen, friendly help and a good coffee
smile.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Valiente sure is enthusiastic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Indeed. If he ever hears an RS-1(i), I'm sure we'll hear about it. The caption will read: "Over-enthusiastic Head-fi'er explodes in fit of hysteria; hometown leveled."

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #23 of 34
I have a pair of 325is's and a D10.

I have to say... they sound absolutely wonderful. I went from HD595's to the Grados; wow. They absolutely smoke the Senns in every way (for me, at least).

Grados are glorious.

PS. For me they are. Just posting disclaimers so people don't attack me on something completely subjective.

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #24 of 34
The 325(i)s continually rack up the awards regardless of price category. I would take a listen to them is you get a chance - listen to everything if you get the chance. I have the SR80s (about 6 yrs old now), and they sound amazing with my EF2. That brings up another point: don't blow all your wad on a set of cans. Save room for a decent tube hybrid amp...that is if you don't spontaneously combust from listening to either the HF1, RS1 or 325s first.

I was like you. I had a roommate whose dad bought him a set of SR60s for his birthday one yr. I ended up listening to them more than he did. When I finally graduated from college a set of SR80s was my first purchase. Years later I think I'm about ready to upgrade to ?

Good luck finding your next cans!

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RS1 is the inevitable purchase of the Grado lover.
wink_face.gif

I totally agree...it's where I stopped after:

SR125
SR225i
SR325is (the only Grado's that I really disliked as I found the treble way too hot)

I've heard the GS1K and PS1K and both were great cans, but not Grado rock cans with the upfront, on stage attack that I need for Zeppelin, Sabbath and Metallica.

My RS1s will be with me for a long, long time!
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RS1 is the inevitable purchase of the Grado lover.
wink_face.gif

I know the RS1's are close to the sr325is and some reviews and comparisons made between them have been inclined towards the SR 325is maybe its because their price differences, I don't know, I don't feel I will be purchasing them unless I do an A/B test.

The woodies do entice me but then again the flagship is aluminium
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #29 of 34
I'm a newbie to this forum, so please experts don't flame me, but I recently auditioned the whole Grado line plus the two top Sennheiser cans with my iPod Touch as the source connected to the headphone jack. The music was Beethoven - piano sonatas and piano concertos with Vladamir Ashkenazy. Of all the Grados, considering price differences, I felt that the RS2is were the best value/sound combination. Of course the RS1is were better, but, not enough, IMO to pay the $200 difference (in Canada). I also liked the RS 325is - again another $200 price difference, so to me it would depend on your budget. I have owned RS80s for 2 years and previous to those had Stax electrostatics (can't recall the model). If you can try the Grado line all together with the same music/source, i would recommend it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back