For Grado Lovers Only
Jan 19, 2010 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

VALIENTE

1000+ Head-Fier
Happy New Year Again Guys! Most especially to Headfiers with Grado headphones.
I'm really happy with my Grado SR60 especially now that its matched with the PA2V2 head amp. This makes the Grado more warm, fun, energetic, and alive.
I assume I am preferring headphones that are warm. Plus I think this headphone performance is way above its price. I even compare it with my AKG K701-though this one is brand new, underamped I think, and lots of hours to burn.

Guys, SR60 is one of the best bang for money I consider with regards with my very young experience with the headfi world. In your own opinion, what other models/model of Grado, if there is still, which also performs beyond its price?
I am planning to buy another Grado model-definitely not the SR60 again.
I think that I will become a real fan now of Grado, specifically I'm a Grado Lover, now.

Please share your experiences Grado lovers.
Thank you.

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 34
I have seen people touting the SR225i as the sweetspot in refinement vs. cost (i have never heard them). As far as i understand it, the Grado house sound basically gets more and more refined from the sr80 up to the Rs1, then you have the GS/PS1000s which are very different sounding cans.

My personal experience is that i have ended up with the RS1s and there will end my Grado journey, they do that close, lively and detailed presentation to perfection and with certain tracks they are heaven. On the other hand, my 325is are also brilliant headphones which, IMO, kick out about the same amount of sheer detail at about half the cost.

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 34
If I were you, I'd save up and go straight for the RS-2 or RS-1 depending on what you want. The SR-225i would be an appreciable upgrade, but I still think it's best to just go for the top. If I had to go for a lower model, I would start looking around on the forums for a pair of HF-1's. Not only are the HF-1's better than the 225's and 325's in every way (IMO), they're actually fairly easy to get a hold of at a reasonable price now. I saw a pair for sale for $250...that's really reasonable considering what you get, in my opinion...of course the problem is finding a pair to begin with. The HF-1's have a very smooth high end that the rest of the prestige series lacks...think of it as building on the "refinement" concepts in the MS series.

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 34
I dream of having an SR60
frown.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 34
i have a sr80i and saving for a RS1i + some hybrid amp at the moment. Will purchase them in about a month i reckon

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 34
too bad i live in europe. RS1i is 800+ euro's here compared to 700$(490 euros) in the states

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #7 of 34
Use the For Sale section, usual price is around $550. Even with import, it's much cheaper than buying a new one here.

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 34
X2 on the RS1i. But I also think the SR225i is great value for such an amazing rock headphone.

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #9 of 34
thanks, do you know a store in the netherland where i will be able to audition them?

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #11 of 34
Get a pair of HF-2s and don't look back!

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #12 of 34
Here we go again...

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPepper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here we go again...

+1 Deja vu all over again. Let the good times roll.
beyersmile.png

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #15 of 34
Right now, I'd have to say that the HF-2 is the best pair of cans I've ever heard. I very much look forward to comparing my roommate's lush, juicy - can I say that? - pair to the RS-1's I have in transit as I type.

If you are indeed head-over-heels in love with the SR-60, Valiente, I'd like to hear what you think of the MS-1i. An awesome pair of cans on the cheap that I think you would also like. I assume that if you get a pair of SR-225i's, you will literally explode, and that will be the last we hear of you!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back