Foobar's attenuator
Jun 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Uhly

New Head-Fier
How can I make sure that Foobar's attenuator is not being used? (i.e. I want to disable it, so that I can control volume only from the system, which is tied to the DAC in the analog domain).

Jun 28, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 6
actually, 100% digital volume could get your music to clip: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/showwiki.php?title=Tips-and-Techniques:Intersample-peaks
wink_face.gif

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 6
use wasapi, asio or direct sound output to bypass the windows mixer and then go straight to your dac

and to the guy above me, download some volume vst's such as the l82 loudness maximizer, that one works really well with no distortion, its not free tho...but you can find it if you look hard enough for "free" lol im sure there are actual vst's out there that are genuinely free out there however

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
use wasapi, asio or direct sound output to bypass the windows mixer and then go straight to your dac

I have done so already. I expected that the foobar volume control would be disabled when using wasapi or asio, but this didn't happen. For this reason, I wonder about which level to set the foobar volume control and then forget about it afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back