Foobar2K/Electri-Q EQ?
Jan 15, 2010 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dongringo

500+ Head-Fier
I haven't been able to find the answer through searching so I'll have to ask you fine people once again.

Does anyone know how to save the presets in Electri-Q parametric eq VST plugin for foobar2000? For some darn reason, it just won't save. It's driving me mad because I just love the potential of this eq. It takes a good 20 minutes to get it where I like it, then I try to save it as a preset, then when I open foobar the next time and click on my saved preset it says 'Incompatible preset'.
angry_face.gif

Please, any info is greatly appreciated.
normal_smile .gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 7
I've had the same problem saving my presets. I've found the following workaround...

Before you get started with your EQ'ing, choose one of the [Sys] User presets from top menu. Modify the frequency curve to your desire, and then hit the Store button on the bottom of the window. Now it should save your work on the [Sys] User preset that you chose.

Test it out and get the hang of the save before you put a lot of work into something. You don't want to have an hour of careful work deleted because you did it wrong.

As a side rant, I can't believe how much equalization my Grado SR-60s needed to approach a flat response. -7.5db at 2400khz, -12db @ 7600, -15db @ 10600, -15db @ 13100. Bright doesn't even begin to describe these 'phones. I actually would have taken 18-20db out at the last two peaks, but Electri-Q only lets you go to -15. My first and last Grado, period.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks alot for the help.

@leeperry What is EffectChainer?

@mamba315 Thanks, I finally figured that out. For your situation, go to Skin then Gain Range to adjust the range.

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For your situation, go to Skin then Gain Range to adjust the range.

It doesn't let you place any of the 'dots' past -15db no matter what you set the Gain Range to, but I think you can stack more than one dot at the same frequency if you need greater than -15db reduction.

Got EffectChainer due to this thread, and I like it so far!

Jan 17, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EffectChainer is a 'rack' in which you be able to load multiple effect plugins (VST/DX). You'll find it from ACON Digital site and it's freeware.

EffectChainer - Effect Rack - Chain VST and DirectX Effects

On foobar, load the effectchainer first and then the electri-q eq into it.

jiitee

Thanks! I like.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back