Foobar2000 - Troubles with APE image converting to individual FLAC tracks
Apr 30, 2013 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chronoclast

New Head-Fier
Hey there. I'm currently having trouble converting an APE image to FLAC tracks. I do everything like one should: loading the CUE into Foobar, settings to to the way I like them and off we go. But it's not working. At all. Instead, I'm greeted with an error message listing out all the tracks and saying they can't be found. I'm at a loss here. Could anyone help? I'll be glad to post up the CUE/error message/whatever else if need be.

Thanks!

May 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 6
Well, after looking over the CUE several times, I finally got the idea to scrutinize every piece of it against a CUE for a different ape image which converted nicely. As it turns out, the file that the CUE was requesting was a wave file, and all I had to do was change that extension to match my APE image (literally just cutting out ".wav" and typing ".ape" after the file name.)

Thanks for the recommendation and help chewy. Any reason you choose medieval over foobar? I tried medieval and it was weird to me, plus I was already accustomed to foobar, so I use it.
Quote:
Well according to the error the image file doesn't exist in the directory it is looking in. Hard to say anything more without details

I've always just used Medieval Cue Splitter when I needed to split up a single file though.

May 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Well, after looking over the CUE several times, I finally got the idea to scrutinize every piece of it against a CUE for a different ape image which converted nicely. As it turns out, the file that the CUE was requesting was a wave file, and all I had to do was change that extension to match my APE image (literally just cutting out ".wav" and typing ".ape" after the file name.)

Thanks for the recommendation and help chewy. Any reason you choose medieval over foobar? I tried medieval and it was weird to me, plus I was already accustomed to foobar, so I use it.

No major reason, just the first program I found to do the job and it seemed to have a lot of positive feedback. It's probably no better than foobar at it.

Good to see you solved your problem though.

May 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 6
^i've got some bad news for you. medieval is horribly broken and the files it creates are not bit perfect copies of the original.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=57563&st=0&p=683198&#entry683198

May 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
^i've got some bad news for you. medieval is horribly broken and the files it creates are not bit perfect copies of the original.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=57563&st=0&p=683198&#entry683198

Thanks for the heads up. I've only used it once and the tracks seemed perfectly fine. Mismatches might have to do with what it does with pregaps like one member suggested.

Either way might as well avoid it since there are alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back