foobar2000 HD v2.1 released
Jul 31, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #46 of 59
Sure is a big improvement.Thanks. No way to really install it? I went through all the wav,mp3,flac folders and installed but now at least I have file association. Is that it or a better way? It does crash quite a bit and says some fllac songs are like 15min or so when they are 3 or 4 min

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #48 of 59
This thread is pretty funny, I'm not sure on how the "developer" is actually changing anything at all. Foobar2000 is closed source so he isn't actually modifying the program itself... what's the point of recompiling the plugins and saying quality has increased?

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #49 of 59
Well I reset the preferences and seems to work fine now it says foobar 2000 v0.8.3 looks old but the components that are added seem to work and has not crashed yet.
One part I really like too is that I am using windows 7 and so far changing song the taskbar does not flash everytime with this version.

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #53 of 59
"SQ will decrease if you reset the preference"
Well ok but I think still sounds better than the regular foobar 2000 with wasapi I was running. If I don't reset some flac songs work and some just crash the entire player and mp3 don't work at all.

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #54 of 59
How about a changelog or a diff. A screenshot of some code doesn't mean anything.

other than him recompiling the plugins with compiler settings set to specific CPU family (SSE or AMD superset) optimizations. But yea, doesn't mean he changed anything in the source.

If he did, depending on the license he needs to post the source back. On the other hand he's already violating the foobar license, since in china, license, what license?

Considering he also leaves out wasapi and just has waveOut enabled (someone needs to confirm, since I can't access the prefs dialog :D )... Surely that's not a sign of quality since it would go through Kmixer and that would be sad.

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #55 of 59
Quote:
Considering he also leaves out wasapi and just has waveOut enabled (someone needs to confirm, since I can't access the prefs dialog
biggrin.gif
)... Surely that's not a sign of quality since it would go through Kmixer and that would be sad.

It sounded identical to Foobar 1.1.6/wasapi to me. Ctrl+P to get to the preferences, having no menu at the top makes the sound revolutionary.

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #56 of 59
Quote:
It sounded identical to Foobar 1.1.6/wasapi to me. Ctrl+P to get to the preferences, having no menu at the top makes the sound revolutionary.

Well, hearing is improved when visibility is impaired.

Maybe that explains why killing explorer.exe improves sound quality! And believe me, you haven't heard music until you've listened to it while staring at a black desktop wallpaper.

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #57 of 59

you can bring the menu back by clicking on the top bar (just below the window stripe with the _Ox buttons)... it kinda freezes when I press preferences :D... Quality modifications there..

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #59 of 59
So, this software is Foobar2000, with the additional feature of being partly broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back