Foobar2000 guide
Mar 28, 2015 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Neccros

100+ Head-Fier
I feel like a total idiot... I cant seem to figure out the ins and outs of Foobar2000 and it seems most of the "how to's" only apply to older versions of the software!!! So I wasn't able to install the skin I was trying to install...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a current version 1.3.8 installation guide? I checked their site and unless I am blind, I cant seem to find one!

Thanks

Mar 29, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #2 of 9
  I feel like a total idiot... I cant seem to figure out the ins and outs of Foobar2000 and it seems most of the "how to's" only apply to older versions of the software!!! So I wasn't able to install the skin I was trying to install...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a current version 1.3.8 installation guide? I checked their site and unless I am blind, I cant seem to find one!

Thanks

can you please link the skin you're trying to install? Foobar2000 comes with dozens of UI tweaks and componend, everyone has its own settings. I can help you if you can provide these infos.

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 9
I need help getting it installed correctly. Not sure mines even set up right.

well, start removing foobar then. Uninstall it and remove the user folder. if you used "portable installation" it is in the same "foobar" folder (usually c:\program files x86\foobar2000). if you choose normal installation is it in C:\users\yourusername\appdata\roaming\foobar2000

remember make invisible folders visible otherwise you cant see "appdata".

then, you can install foobar.

I honestly prefer normal installation because of file association. When you have installed it let me know what is your problem.
Depending on installation method you install components and skins in different ways

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #5 of 9
the skin you plan to use is probably something that works over another component like column UI. you most likely can't just pick up a skin on deviant art and hope for it to magically change your foobar(winamp did that in the good old days ^_^).
but as asked before, unless you start by telling what skin it is (or better, a link of where you got it), we can't just guess the install protocol.

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 9
I personally use br3tt skins, i think they are the best and, if I need some tweaks, I can mod skin code for my needings:
check this out:
http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/DUiTunes-beta3-412700925

http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/Spotifoo-1-3-1-190517269

http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/HiFoo-v1-7-5-244531383

in the packages you find components, fonts and instruction. you can't go wrong.

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #8 of 9
Cool.... I got the installation and functionality *kind of* figured out... Still trying to learn the rest of Foobar2000 and the differences between a regular and portable install.  I know the differences but more of the advantages/limitations of one over the other...

Next will be how to install skins

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #9 of 9
  Cool.... I got the installation and functionality *kind of* figured out... Still trying to learn the rest of Foobar2000 and the differences between a regular and portable install.  I know the differences but more of the advantages/limitations of one over the other...

Next will be how to install skins

portable install put foobar and every component in onlyone folder, that can be moved to external drives (usb sticks, hard drives, sd cards) and subsequently can be used in every computer without loosing the configuration and without installing foobar again. but it does not support file association. regular install support it but if you want the same configuration on other pc you have to install foobar in that pc and the set again the entire configuration.

for skins: depend on the skin "formatting" system. different skins are made for different foobar components. i.e. Skin A is made for component "a", skin B for "b". You can't use A on "b". br3tt skins comes with complete instructions, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back