foobar2000 "cuts" audio
Dec 23, 2012 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

luke100

New Head-Fier
I've been using foobar2000 and noticed some weird things with its audio playback. Basically, a couple seconds into the track it suddenly stops playing it for like a milisecond and then plays like nothing happened. And this popping occurs a few times per song and is really weird. I've tried checking out buffer length and full file buffering, but... yeah, I'm a noob, these weren't appropriate options ^^
And it can't be a hardware problem. Not only is my PC a 6-core 3,8GHz AMD X6 with 16 gigs of RAM and a Sound Blaster Audigy running Windows 7 64bit, but for example in Windows Media Player there is no problem at all. Same goes for videogames etc., it's just foobar making problems. And I don't really want to switch to another player...
So what could be responsible for this "stuttering"?

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 5
I have an 7200RPM HDD, but it don't think this could be a problem (as I said, it works fine in Windows Media Player). I changed the power management from balanced to high performance, but it didn't help, unfortunately :/

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 5
Nooo... why would I? I listen to music from the hard drive that's in the PC, not networked. And it's plugged into my router with a cable, not through Wi-Fi or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back