Foobar2000 Convolver Impulse files
Feb 18, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 4
to do what?
you can find some with a little google-fu, but they will be very specific. like a guy recording some room reverb. or some HRTF compensation for some dude at a given angle(or same for a dummy head). or it could simply be an EQ in the form of an impulse. so your question could be seen as asking if people know where to find EQ settings ^_^. except it's even worst than that because convolution can do so much more.
so what do you have in mind?

Feb 18, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 4
I just started using Foobar2000 last night so i'm not really sure how to answer. What does Convolver do exactly ?

All I know is when I installed it and went through the impulse files I found by searching around they improved the quality of the music greatly. So, I guess what i'm asking for is EQ settings and just things that I can experiment with.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 4
I just started using Foobar2000 last night so i'm not really sure how to answer. What does Convolver do exactly ?

All I know is when I installed it and went through the impulse files I found by searching around they improved the quality of the music greatly. So, I guess what i'm asking for is EQ settings and just things that I can experiment with.
AFAIK a reverb convolver simulates sound in a real space. It does this by using sound samples recorded in the desired space to be modelled, and algorithms then use these samples to simulate a reverb space for the music you are listening to.

An eq convolver does a similar thing with eq curves measured on hardware devices, which are the target of simulation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back