Foobar2000 + Asio screws up youtube
Sep 4, 2018 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

smodtactical

Headphoneus Supremus
I have windows 10, foobar2000 v1.3.10 and recently started listening to ASIO. If I stop playback on foobar then go to youtube it works fine, just have to refresh the page. But if I forget to stop it and pause foobar instead, youtube gets screwed and just refuses to play any video.

It remains screwed until I restart my whole pc. I've tried, stopping playback, closing foobar, closing all chrome windows and restarting it. Nothing works except restarting.

Any idea know how I can get around this in the cases were I forget to actually fully stop the playback and try to play a youtube video?

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 3
ASIO is not a multiclient driver so device becomes locked when ASIO in use --> no other software nor device API can use the device then.

You could probably bypass this issue by installing VB-Audios Voicemeeter BANANA, set it as system default playback device through sound playback options and finally set the Voicemeeter to use ASIO for playback (and ofcourse Foobar to use system default for output).

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks Jiiteepee

Today all of a sudden I saw the bitrate options in windows settings for my HDV820.. I set it to 24 bit instead of 16 bit and now my 96khz songs are playing flawlessly. I love wasapi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back