foobar2000 and Spitfire DAC help
Apr 23, 2010 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hardstyler

500+ Head-Fier
Hello headfiers.

What are the best settings in terms of sound quality for a setup like this? See my signature below.

Spitfire is a 24bit/96khz DAC.

Prelude soundcard is in Audio creation mode. Master sampling rate is 96khz and bit-matched playback is enabled. Is this even necessary if most of my music is in 44.1khz mp3 format?

Now the question is what settings should use in foobar2000. Should I even use DSPs or is that going to reduce sound quality?

When I use the resampler DSP and set freq. to 96khz I don't notice any difference in sound quality.

Any help with this will be appreciated because I'm a bit of a computer audio noob
biggrin.gif

Thanks.

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #2 of 7
bump

Anyone?

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
upsampling will only color the sound and decrease the SQ...but I'd advise uLilith in ASIO over foobar, try it if you like: Index of /download/uLilith

your x-fi will only play ASIO bit-matched, so use that
wink.gif

So 96khz master sampling rate is no good? Should I leave it at 44khz?

I kinda need a guide or tutorial for this but I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 7
if you run your x-fi card in audio creation/bitmatched playback modes and play your audio in ASIO...the master sample rate is automatically changed to match your audio files, so no resampling takes place
beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you run your x-fi card in audio creation/bitmatched playback modes and play your audio in ASIO...the master sample rate is automatically changed to match your audio files, so no resampling takes place
beerchug.gif

Ok thanks
smile.gif

Unfortunately I cannot get any sound with Auzentech ASIO selected in "Output Device" in foobar. Only SPDIF Out works.

You see I just want the best sound quality with this setup. I mean I can select 44 48 and 96khz in drivers and they all work but which one gives me the best results. I only have one 96khz FLAC album the rest is 44.1khz mp3s. I don't understand the basics and that's the problem.

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 7
I've already explained everything you need to understand
wink.gif

play in ASIO only, set your card in bitmatched/audio-creation and you're good to go....if you look at the masterclock in the x-fi mixer, you'll see it change automatically depending on the file you're playing.

try other players? and anyway you're feeding your spifire w/ S/PDIF, so I don't see what the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back