foobar2000 0.9.5
Nov 2, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #17 of 56
Nice to see new stuff from Foobar2K
icon10.gif

I am using the Columns UI and I am very happy with it:

A bit modded up there
smily_headphones1.gif

I just hope all the extensions/plugins will work with the new version.

P.S.
Patu, Why won't you use this Nice feature plugin which I am using.
it's very nice, let's you search all your music library and it opens the results in a new playlist, works best for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #19 of 56
the new foobar UI is awesome IMO. I'm using it stock and the spectrum analyzer is a plus. Play the same song with mp3 and with flac and marvel at the ownage that is lossless

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's also a very nice new columns UI alpha out. It has NG Playlist view (groups tracks by album) and filter panels (replacement for foo_browser).

Where can you get this? Link?

Nov 3, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by idunno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm loving this release: check out the "facets" ui extension. (btw 0.9.5 beta 2 is out)

A day later and now they have Beta 3.

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #22 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can you get this? Link?

I'm not sure, but I think thrall is referencing the "facets" extension. It's a hierarchical interface, where you can have a list to select an artist, which will then display that artist's albums in another column, and tracks in yet another. Similar to winamp or mediamonkey interface. Of course, it's all highly customizable.

http://foobar2000.audiohq.de/foo_facets/features

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #23 of 56
Just downloaded, I'm loving it.
icon10.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #24 of 56
Ooooo... Shiny! Trying foobar2000 for the first time today. 0.9.4.5 was OK but ugly. I'm loving 0.9.5 beta 3! Sweetness!

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Shadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice to see new stuff from Foobar2K
icon10.gif

I am using the Columns UI and I am very happy with it:

A bit modded up there
smily_headphones1.gif

I just hope all the extensions/plugins will work with the new version.

P.S.
Patu, Why won't you use this Nice feature plugin which I am using.
it's very nice, let's you search all your music library and it opens the results in a new playlist, works best for me
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL! Looked at your picture here while I'm listening to Opeth - Windowpane live, from a bootleg recorded at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel 07/18/2003, which I had downloaded lossless files of ages ago. If you're interested in them, PM me.

Also, could you share how you got that layout set up? Very slick!

-Packgrog

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

I'm not sure, but I think thrall is referencing the "facets" extension. It's a hierarchical interface, where you can have a list to select an artist, which will then display that artist's albums in another column, and tracks in yet another. Similar to winamp or mediamonkey interface. Of course, it's all highly customizable.

http://foobar2000.audiohq.de/foo_facets/features

Actually, I was talking about filter of columns UI alpha. It's a limited version of facets but it works with columns UI (facets doesn't). It's similar to foo_browser but much faster for larger libraries. Download the alpha version here http://yuo.be/columns.php .

To add the filter panel, go to preferences->columns UI->Layout. Right click where you want to put the panel -> Insert panels -> Panels -> Filter.

Nov 8, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #27 of 56
I wonder if this release plays nicer with Vista... I wanna try it, but I don't want to risk losing my custom UI, I forgot how to customize it!

Nov 8, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #28 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by event /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if this release plays nicer with Vista... I wanna try it, but I don't want to risk losing my custom UI, I forgot how to customize it!

Can't you just make a backup copy of all your foobar files and folders? Then you can play with your set up all you want, and just replace the files with the backup if you want to go back...

Nov 8, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #29 of 56
Quote:

Can't you just make a backup copy of all your foobar files and folders? Then you can play with your set up all you want, and just replace the files with the backup if you want to go back...

I've done that before, but I seemed to have missed a few files because I lost my configuration I had spent hours on...

Nov 8, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by event /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've done that before, but I seemed to have missed a few files because I lost my configuration I had spent hours on...

Did you remember to backup the foobar2000 folder in application data as well (not only the one in program files)? That's what I forgot the first time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back