foobar-like video-capable media player??
Sep 12, 2009 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

radiohlite

100+ Head-Fier
I wanna be able to play movies, but with my Dolby Headphone and Electri-Q settings. Is there a media player I can use those programs with, or a Foobar2000 plugin to be able to play video?

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 13
I use Media Player Classic, w/ ffdshow and some other plugin. Plays everything beautifully (from Blu-Rays to MKVs to WMVs).

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, using 1.0.1. Usually if I skip to a point it pixellates, and takes 5 seconds to go to normal. I think even did it to MKV.

Is there any player that does not pixellate? Just tried with an 1080p movie, and VLC does it for about half a second here when searching (only sometimes), no big deal.

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 13
I would recommend Media Classic Player. Lots of codecs and plays any type of file I throw at it.

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #10 of 13
KMPlayer + Reclock, so you get bit-perfect audio in all your movies(KS or WASAPI)...w/ zillions of options
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #11 of 13
J. River Media Center maybe? The latest version (14) can use VST plugins. I think those plugins can be active while watching video. I'm still on version 13 and I don't do much with video so I can't say for certain.

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #12 of 13
I don't think MC can use WASAPI/KS or VST plugins in video mode? it didn't in MC12 at least....w/ ffdshow & Reclock you can use VST/DX/winamp2 plugins + bit-perfect audio in movies
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J. River Media Center maybe? The latest version (14) can use VST plugins. I think those plugins can be active while watching video. I'm still on version 13 and I don't do much with video so I can't say for certain.

Sure, J. River is also a great player that has some really good features.
I have been testing it lately just to see what it has to offer.
VST support is great. Winamp also have DX/VST and foobar also has this support if yoiur intersted in using these for video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back