Foobar is great!
Sep 7, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #16 of 38
I really like that "Mithril" skin for Foobar!!
eek.gif
Can you provide a link? Yah, I haven't been able to go back to WMP for music playback ever since I discovered this hidden jem few months ago. I still use WMP for video stuff... (kinda gave up on Zoomplayer). Even at work, with the crappy onboard sound, Foobar is able shine through!
orphsmile.gif

Anyhow... back to the topic... "Mithril" skin link please!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by proxops-pete
I still use WMP for video stuff... (kinda gave up on Zoomplayer).

Try VLC Player:
http://videolan.org/
Plays movies that others can not.
Sorry for Offtopic.

Sep 8, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by proxops-pete
I really like that "Mithril" skin for Foobar!!
eek.gif
Can you provide a link? Yah, I haven't been able to go back to WMP for music playback ever since I discovered this hidden jem few months ago. I still use WMP for video stuff... (kinda gave up on Zoomplayer). Even at work, with the crappy onboard sound, Foobar is able shine through!
orphsmile.gif

Anyhow... back to the topic... "Mithril" skin link please!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, please someone post where to find Mithril and how to set it up. A google search turns up nothing, as well as a search of these forums.

Sep 8, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #20 of 38
Search foobar2000's forums, it's there somewhere. I tried out that skin before but switched back to the stock UI once I found some of the playlist setups people created. Now I look back and wonder how I ever liked using Winamp.

Edit: Just read Ted's post

Sep 8, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ted_b
First go get foo_looks

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...1&#entry228321

Then go get mithril's zip file:

http://www.foobarlooks.tk/ (page 3 of the "looks" skins; scroll down and pick page 3)

Thanks ted, I'm getting errors with the skin, but I guess I wil try to figure it out in the other forum.

Head Creep, can you elaborate on why you went back to the default gui, are there things possible with the default that you can't do with the Mithril skin?

Sep 8, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ted_b
I don't use foo_looks (skins), I use columns_ui and a great script from a user. Here's an attempt at a screenshot:

Can you share that script with the rest of us?

Sep 8, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #24 of 38
Did everyone who wanted to use Mithril figure out how to do it? I might be able to recall the steps I went through to get it working. I remember installing "foo_wsgui_0.33b.zip" and "foo_looks_1.09.zip" as well as copying "gdi32.dll" from my \windows\system32 directory into my \foobar2000 directory, per some instructions I read somewhere. I copied "foo_looks.dll" into the components directory.

If it helps (and it should), this is what my directories look like:

foobar2000_directory.jpg

foobar2000_components.jpg

foobar2000_foo_looks.jpg

Good luck.

Sep 8, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #26 of 38
Yes, I use a modified string based on plisk_v0.1.5. Just make sure columns_ui.dll is in the component folder, then go to preferences and choose columns ui as your display. In the columns ui section, go to the "other" tab and choose import. Import the pliskv0.1.5 or whatever string and save. That's basically it. I can email you the strings as well. I use "mazy's settings for pliskv0[1].5" which has a couple of addtl colors and such, but basically 99% of the look and feel of plisk's.

Sep 11, 2004 at 10:06 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed
Does anyone know how to add a volume bar with columns ui?

There is no volume bar as such, I just turned on the Volume Control DSP, and assigned some global hotkeys to control volume. Works like a charm!

Sep 11, 2004 at 10:20 AM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
There is no volume bar as such, I just turned on the Volume Control DSP, and assigned some global hotkeys to control volume. Works like a charm!

As have I, but I have two soundcards, one just for music, and my hotkeys have gotten crowded... I'd really like a volume bar as exists in the Mithral ui.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back