Foobar FLAC ASIO Problem Help Needed
Dec 30, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #17 of 22
what digital output are you using? soundcard or "external usb converter"?
if its "external usb converter" then maybe your "external usb convertor" isnt capable of 96khz?

you need to provide clearer info so we can help you
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2005 at 8:41 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by gongos
This isn't clear enough.

ok does you "converter" do 96khz?

Dec 31, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #20 of 22
Hmmm.....

There are not much data of your equipment/driver available

What kind of setup (hardware) are you using?

Are you using native ASIO, USB-ASIO, Asio4All or ASIO2KS driver? Is latency set high enough (can be set quite "high" when just outputting)?

If the slowing down is not much, your issue sounds like samplerate issue to me (supposeingly 44.1 kHz <--> 48 kHz). Which samplerates your DELL's onboard sound (or instaled card) can operate with (remember, if you're using native ASIO driver, ASIO functionality can be "locked" into certain resolution, like it's on most Creative cards)?

This can also be a sort of an audio codec issue too.

jiitee

Dec 31, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #21 of 22
I'm using a Red Wine Audio USB Select Converter--basically a glorified m-audio transit feeding a Empirical Audio Modified Ack! Dack!. The computer is a Dell 2400 P4 w/ 1 Gig of RAM. Native ASIO. It does 96khz. I have the latency set as high as it will go. When I use the converter the soundcard is completely bypassed so I don't think my soundcard has anything to do with my playback issues.

Jan 1, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by gongos
I'm using a Red Wine Audio USB Select Converter--basically a glorified m-audio transit feeding a Empirical Audio Modified Ack! Dack!. The computer is a Dell 2400 P4 w/ 1 Gig of RAM. Native ASIO. It does 96khz. I have the latency set as high as it will go. When I use the converter the soundcard is completely bypassed so I don't think my soundcard has anything to do with my playback issues.

I believe it might be that your CPU is just too taxed. If you dedicate the computer to the audio task and turn off all other applications, including screensaver and virus scan, then also do the following:

In Transit Menu window, set "Latency" to Highest (increases buffer) and bring up Windows task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and choose Foobar and make it "highest priority."

This may or may not fix it. It certainly helps with ASIO.

Steve N.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back