Foobar easy switching between output devices
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #16 of 20
I would love a solution that auto switches from KS:USB to DS:USB when 961000/24 tracks are played. As of now, the player stalls, and I need to switch outputs manually.

A plugin that allowed me to set default output according to the track bitrate would solve my issue.
Well, this may come a bit late, but now there is Dynamic DSP component for foobar, which can be configured to act on any titleformat script including %samplerate%. This allows foobar to automatically do something (a DSP Manager chain of actions) with 44100 files, and something else with 48000 files, and something else with 88200 files, and something else with 96000 files, and so on.

May 14, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #17 of 20
I found a great solution. Create custom buttons on top. I can switch between my Sound Blaster and McIntosh seamlessly.

Foobar buttons.jpg

May 31, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #18 of 20
I found a great solution. Create custom buttons on top. I can switch between my Sound Blaster and McIntosh seamlessly.

Foobar buttons.jpg
Both Earfonia's suggestion from Oct 9, 2019 and Tybot's suggestion from May 14, 2023 are very useful in combination: the output switcher gives you a drop down list from the available output devices. But still you have to find the device you need from that list. With custom buttons you can nail a specific device to a button. The output switcher then shows the active device.

Foobar-buttons.jpg

You can search the Internet for ico's (16x16 .ico).

Even after so many years this topic has proved to be useful.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #19 of 20
Both Earfonia's suggestion from Oct 9, 2019 and Tybot's suggestion from May 14, 2023 are very useful in combination: the output switcher gives you a drop down list from the available output devices. But still you have to find the device you need from that list. With custom buttons you can nail a specific device to a button. The output switcher then shows the active device.

Foobar-buttons.jpg

You can search the Internet for ico's (16x16 .ico).

Even after so many years this topic has proved to be useful.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Hi, how can I create those button like that? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back