FOOBAR & EAC queries
May 27, 2012 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Emospence

500+ Head-Fier
1) So I've been converting my FLAC files into 320 AAC with foobar, and accidentally adjusted the volume halfway though the conversion. Will this affect the AAC files' volume?

2) Is there any difference (quality, volume) between ripping CDs with foobar and EAC?

Thanks so much :)

May 28, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 6
1. This will have no effect on the output. The volume slider only effects playback.

2. Both EAC and Foobar2000 are secure rippers, there can be rip differences between the 2 (which doesn't mean one is better than the other). I suggest you use Accurip, that way you can compare your rips with other people to see if it is accurate.

The volume of your rips will not be effected as long as you are not normalising your rips (if you are, disable normalising and use replaygain which just writes the gain values to the tags and doesn't alter the audio).

I hope this helps.

May 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 6
It does, thanks.

Another question, some of my CDs are ripped without errors but don't match with accuraterip database. 

Why is this? And does it matter?

May 28, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #4 of 6
It does, thanks.

Another question, some of my CDs are ripped without errors but don't match with accuraterip database. 

Why is this? And does it matter?

It's possible that your version of the album isn't present in the database. So it doesn't really matter if EAC tell you you've been able to rip it without errors.

May 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 6
yup, there can be many pressing of the same album.

When I'm ripping with EAC I tend to use the Test & Copy method with accurip. So if the CD isn't found in Accurip or doesn't match, I check the log to see if the checksums match for Test & Copy. If they don't then i switch to EAC's secure read mode and rip the CD again. Doing this for bulk ripping can save you a lot of time.

May 29, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back