Foobar 2000 Screenshot Thread
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #271 of 461
Good choice, bambadoo.  I have been using the DarkOne skin on my foobar2k for a while now as well and like the color and layout a lot. 

Mar 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #274 of 461
^ i second that.... i cant find a good site to find skins for foobar

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #276 of 461

This is how my configuration looks like. I still use foobar2000 1.0.3. I can't upgrade to 1.1 because it loses my configurations and I haven't been able to restore them in 1.1. Any tips how I can update my foobar2000 and retain the configurations?

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #277 of 461

Any tips how I can update my foobar2000 and retain the configurations?

I'm going to guess you enabled "per-user settings" when you installed, to keep your settings when you upgrade you need to switch it to a single user install and disable the option when you install the new version. To do that you need to delete the file "user_profiles_enabled" then find your config files (they'll be in the "documents and settings" folder under application data/foobar2000), then move that folder into the normal foobar directory. Then when you install a new version foobar will recognise the old configs but not override them. It's probably a good idea to make a backup of your entire foobar folder just in caqse before hand.

Mar 22, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #278 of 461

I'm going to guess you enabled "per-user settings" when you installed, to keep your settings when you upgrade you need to switch it to a single user install and disable the option when you install the new version. To do that you need to delete the file "user_profiles_enabled" then find your config files (they'll be in the "documents and settings" folder under application data/foobar2000), then move that folder into the normal foobar directory. Then when you install a new version foobar will recognise the old configs but not override them. It's probably a good idea to make a backup of your entire foobar folder just in caqse before hand.

Thanks Marcus_C, this worked. I actually had the previous install so that the configuration files and everything was in the foobar2000 folder in program files but still it messed things up when installing new versions. Well I deleted the file you mentioned (user_profiles_enabled) and this did the trick. Now I installed the newest version over the old folder and everything seems to still work as it used to.

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #285 of 461
simple but provide a lot of info.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back