Foobar 2000 Screenshot Thread
Oct 26, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #46 of 461
Took me forever to figure out how to configure the stupid thing and I still think that its visually far too chaotic looking, but here's mine.

foobarh.jpg

fixed.

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #49 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are both Xchange! That one is pretty slick and the configurations options are just endless.
Very nice!

Yep, I love the configuration options. I just think its a bit loud looking. I'd love to find something with the same amount of toys but a more minimal looking design.

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #51 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepybrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW you guys have some talent! Where can one learn how to create skins for foobar?

Not my talent:
http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/Xcha...5-1b-130750625

Some really nice skins in this thread. Really like Lil' Knight's, Heatfan's, gevorg's, and Graphicism. All very nice, pleasing to the eye designs. I was really limited in my choices it seems because I'm running a later version of Foobar.

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #53 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is there a guide somewhere on how to install f2k skins?

it seems very confusing

It is very confusing. Took me some long hours trying to figure it all out. Once I got it figured out it was pretty simple. It also depends on how old or new your version of Foobar is. The newer versions are skinned in a different way.

The Xchange skin by Br3tt has a decent guide included. There was a couple of things I was hung up on, but finally figured out. For instance, the guide doesn't clarify that one of the folders it mentions doesn't actually exist in Foobar, you have to create it yourself before you dump the files in. That took me a long time to figure out. Another issue was figuring out how to add the correct "components" to get a build working. Br3tt has a link to all of his components on the link to deviantart I added. If anyone has questions let me know. I had a hard time finding help getting foobar up and running, and the "official" forums like hydrogenaudio seems a bit cold to new users, and I found the technical talk there pretty confusing.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #54 of 461
You guys must spend as much time making these fubar 2000 customizations as listening to music.

Itunes: in. Foobar2000: out.

Itunes should have wasapi support working real soon anyways.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #55 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy*Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys must spend as much time making these fubar 2000 customizations as listening to music.

It took me a couple days forcing myself to get through it. I'm sure most of the folks in this thread had a far less hard time figuring it all out. The sad thing is that with an up to date good guide I could have had it set up in about 5 minutes. Recently setup foobar on a friends computer with ASIO in about that time. It'd be nice if foobar came preconfigured...

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #56 of 461
I like many of these configs, but it just seems too difficult to set up and figure out. too bad for a simpleton like me.

@adrift - Rudimentary Peni? talk about obscure. I've got that Farce EP buried somewhere in the garage. good stuff.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #57 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by EmptyTalk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like many of these configs, but it just seems too difficult to set up and figure out. too bad for a simpleton like me.

@adrift - Rudimentary Peni? talk about obscure. I've got that Farce EP buried somewhere in the garage. good stuff.

Yeah I love Rudimentary. Great stuff.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #58 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy*Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I mess around with configs as I am listening to music.
I like my players to look great and have the features and options I want.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #59 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by EmptyTalk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You just make sure you have the right components installed and make sure the right files are where they should be and that is it.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #60 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You just make sure you have the right components installed and make sure the right files are where they should be and that is it.

For the complete novice with little spare time it seems a bit tougher than that. I'm pretty computer savvy (work in IT as a software tester), and I had a tough time getting it all together at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back