Folks over 30 who play video games (and general new console help, please)...
Sep 24, 2002 at 3:38 AM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by fredpb
I am over 50 an play computer games. Not video games. I don't like video game boxes, to limiting. A good computer can play much more sophisticated games.

My all time favorite was the Mechwarrior Series, and Mechcommander.

Now I play Mechwarrior 4: Black Knight (microsoft) ONLINE with upt to 16 players at a time. Awesome. I am in leagues and have joined a "mercenary unit", and am buddies with them.

The range from 17 year old guys to me, over 50, and from car dealer managers and students to a chief of police.

You can get Mechwarrior 4 at COMPUSA, and there is the Black Knight Expansion, which I use. Complex game based in the 30th century with a lot of books out (scifi and info) on the "Battletech Universe". Great stuff.

Try Starcraft...i await your presence
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2002 at 5:28 AM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Try Starcraft...i await your presence
wink.gif

I LOVE starcraft! What a great game! I love that and I love the Age of Empires II

Sep 24, 2002 at 6:00 AM Post #48 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
I LOVE starcraft! What a great game! I love that and I love the Age of Empires II

Cool, my record on battlenet is 1181/388. Yes...i play it a lot
tongue.gif

Ready to kill!

Nothing better than watching 12 nukes fall on your opponents base.....SPLAT!

Sep 24, 2002 at 10:03 AM Post #49 of 56
Gloco,

I sense a lot of anger in you. Anger leads to fear, fear leads to stress, stress leads to doobies and doobies lead to twinkies.

Yoda

Sep 24, 2002 at 2:38 PM Post #50 of 56
Sep 24, 2002 at 4:35 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
Gloco,

I sense a lot of anger in you. Anger leads to fear, fear leads to stress, stress leads to doobies and doobies lead to twinkies.

Yoda

Hehe...i was angry last night, i got stuck with two idiot newbies that kept pissing off our opponents before the time limit was up. Boy, when they attacked, my partners weren't even ready and we were toast
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2002 at 9:02 PM Post #53 of 56
Glocco,

This is what you get when you don't keep your minions under control. As the grand poobah, you must ensure that those under your control do as they're told. No independent initiatives will be tolerated.

Failure to follow the party line will be punishable by decapitation.

Sep 25, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #55 of 56
Everyone dogs the Xbox... even I am unsure of the quality of their present software library, not to mention all giddy over Battlefield 1942 on the PC. Yet, knowing Microsoft, they aren't going to give up. Like a virus, they will stick with it until the host is completely mutated.

With Rare and Sega on board, the upcoming Xbox Live online gaming service, and Tivo-like features on the way... well... I think I'll be bringing one home in a month or so.

I'll be a Microsoft mutant, borg, whatever. Oh well. G-Gates is my l-leader.

Sep 25, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
Everyone dogs the Xbox... even I am unsure of the quality of their present software library, not to mention all giddy over Battlefield 1942 on the PC. Yet, knowing Microsoft, they aren't going to give up. Like a virus, they will stick with it until the host is completely mutated.

With Rare and Sega on board, the upcoming Xbox Live online gaming service, and Tivo-like features on the way... well... I think I'll be bringing one home in a month or so.

I'll be a Microsoft mutant, borg, whatever. Oh well. G-Gates is my l-leader.

Plus, its hackable, i know a guy that swapped in a 80 gig HD and renting games out and returning them rather quickly.

X-box is the strongest console out there, now i'm just gonna sit back and wait for Sega to release some RPG's for it.

Imagine Dungeon Siege on Xbox with online play?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back