Focal Utopia 2022 Review, Measurements
Apr 10, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #1,967 of 1,971
Yep… also eyeing for appropriate cable for the 2022. I’m trying to borrow this Brise Audio cable for a demo and if it does the trick, will get this for 2.5m length.

Also use Brise Yatono Ultimate with my Susvara and really love it.
Hi can you explain more about sound off Susvara with Brise Audio Yatono Ultinate? Planning to get one. (I apologise if my question is not suitable to post here)

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #1,968 of 1,971
Hi can you explain more about sound off Susvara with Brise Audio Yatono Ultinate? Planning to get one. (I apologise if my question is not suitable to post here)
This might be a bit off topic mate. Let me PM you about this.

Apr 11, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #1,969 of 1,971
Yep… also eyeing for appropriate cable for the 2022. I’m trying to borrow this Brise Audio cable for a demo and if it does the trick, will get this for 2.5m length.

IMG_7710.png

Do you know what the difference between BSHP and yatono?

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #1,970 of 1,971
Do you know what the difference between BSHP and yatono?
On the difference between the BSHP and Yatono, below is what Brise told me (and I quoted)
“Compared to YATONO-HP, BSHP for UTOPIA SG is adjusted to take advantage of the matured high-frequency contours.
Since it has a lively sound, it is recommended for those who seek sharpness and speed in UTOPIA SG. On the other hand,
if you seek overall balance and harmony,
YATONO-HP is recommended.
Although the sound quality tendencies of the two are different,”

It seems Yatono is warmer. I’m using Yatono Ultimate with Susvara and I think it’s not the warmest that I have (Cardas Clear is warmer). I will wait till my pair is fully broken in before making decision.

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #1,971 of 1,971
100%. Drums and cymbals are another favourite of mine.
Feel like Focal doesn't get much recognition for how lifelike they manage to make drums sound on their headphones. At least with the Clear and Utopia. Cymbals could sound a tad bit dry at times on the Clear, but drums sounded perfect. Well, close to perfect I guess, because the Utopia is even a little better. Cymbals are quite a step up.

Was listening to the opening cymbal ride that kicks of Black Sabbath's "Supernaut" yesterday and I could almost taste it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back