Focal Presents the Dune Finish for Bathys
Nov 29, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #32 of 35
Most people have moved on from USB A and it is also used to plug into your device in dac mode

You can use whatever power source you like

Nov 29, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #33 of 35
I’m thinking of buying the Bathys, but not the Dune Edition. I note they come with a USB-C to USB-C charging cable. Can I charge these with an Apple charger ( plug ) Why not enclose USB-A to USB-C charging cable ??
The main reason for a type C to type C is for DWC mode. Type C is a dual purpose cable. High speed charging, and USB 3.1 at minimum level of data transfer. It's easy to get a type C to type A adapter. You can't turn a type A into a type C level of data transfer or high speed charging.

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #34 of 35
The main reason for a type C to type C is for DWC mode. Type C is a dual purpose cable. High speed charging, and USB 3.1 at minimum level of data transfer. It's easy to get a type C to type A adapter. You can't turn a type A into a type C level of data transfer or high speed charging.

Thanks for explaining. ( I’ve put the purchase on hold for now - i suddenly decided to buy the Focal Clear MG’s. ) I will still very likely buy the Bathys, at some point.

Dec 4, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #35 of 35
I like this new color but I would probably still go for the standard gray and black of the Bathys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back