Focal Elegia burn in time
Jun 28, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #16 of 19
Not to thread jack but how bright are the Nanos? I have the Stealth and love them and keep hearing that the Nano is brighter than all the previous versions of the Ananda.
Haven’t heard any of the previous Anandas. I went from the Sundara. The Nano was like too much focus on detail and not enough on being musical.

Jun 28, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #17 of 19
Actually happened recently. Had five days left to return the Nano and contacted to set up a return because I found them too bright. They said to give it 100 hours. I replied that I’d already given it 694. Which of course was impossible. I told them I had a time machine burn in device that can do 24 hours in 42 minutes.
You'd think that, if burn in really made the headphones so much better, they'd do it themselves at the factory. After all, wouldn't a few days of negligible electricity and some warehouse space be worth giving your customers a better out of the box experience? Compared to actually buying better parts, that's almost free.

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #18 of 19
Haven’t heard any of the previous Anandas. I went from the Sundara. The Nano was like too much focus on detail and not enough on being musical.
That is the same way I felt about the Edition XS, I tried the Ananda Stealth, Sundara and Edition XS all at the same time and ended up keeping the Ananda Stealth and Sundara because they were just so beautiful and musical. XS just felt too detail oriented, dry, technical and not musical at all.

Jun 28, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #19 of 19
You'd think that, if burn in really made the headphones so much better, they'd do it themselves at the factory. After all, wouldn't a few days of negligible electricity and some warehouse space be worth giving your customers a better out of the box experience? Compared to actually buying better parts, that's almost free.
I always thought burn in was bull and still do but my Elegia definitely changed to my ears, and none of my other headphones ever have before, so either my brain was really good at tricking me with this particular headphone it actually needed burn in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back