Focal Elegia burn in time
Jun 25, 2023 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

WILLJS

100+ Head-Fier
does any body know how long to burn these in?

Jun 25, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 19
I haven't owned the Elegia but my experience with aluminum and magnesium drivers is burn in has little to no audible effect.

Jun 25, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 19
thanks, these are second hand, but bought new this year, so they might be burned in already, if it does do something.

Jun 25, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 19
I haven't owned the Elegia but my experience with aluminum and magnesium drivers is burn in has little to no audible effect.
I own the Elegia and I never believed in burn in until I got these, never really noticed a difference on any previous headphones... These on the other hand seemed to evolve over the first 150 hours or so, it was a drastic change. I went from meh to being in love with them and ending my search for the perfect closed headphone. Just my experience anyway.

Jun 26, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 19
that is what the website says, that they improve drastically with burn in time

Jun 26, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #6 of 19
Perhaps find out how many hours they have from the first owner if possible? I know a good portion is brain burn in and just getting accustomed to a new sounding headphone. I do EQ mine slightly as well but they are a truly amazing headphone, but certainly not one that can be judged in a short while. I am in my cigar room which has a loud exhaust fan hence why I needed a closed back but currently listening to a live Gov't Mule show and I feel like I am at the show, just remarkable for a closed back. That is saying something also because I was actually at a Gov't Mule show a few days ago so cool to capture that at home.

Jun 27, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #7 of 19
It takes me 2 days of using something new to get used to them. Your brain has to get used to any new signal, like different sunglasses. I had the Elegia twice, and the rolled off treble was the big change from the Beterdynamics I had at the time. After using them solid for 2 days I appreciated them a lot more.
I wish Focal designed all headphones. I felt like a wealthy celebrity wearing those :)

Jun 27, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #8 of 19
It's probably placebo but I noticed a huge difference after burn in on the Elegia...

Jun 27, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #9 of 19
150 listening hours = return period window.

Jun 27, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #11 of 19
150 listening hours = return period window.
Don’t you love it when manufacturers invent new science to screw their customers… :face_palm:

Jun 27, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #12 of 19
my favourite, love it when they do that :angry:

Jun 27, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #13 of 19
Don’t you love it when manufacturers invent new science to screw their customers… :face_palm:
Actually happened recently. Had five days left to return the Nano and contacted to set up a return because I found them too bright. They said to give it 100 hours. I replied that I’d already given it 694. Which of course was impossible. I told them I had a time machine burn in device that can do 24 hours in 42 minutes.

Jun 27, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #14 of 19
Actually happened recently. Had five days left to return the Nano and contacted to set up a return because I found them too bright. They said to give it 100 hours. I replied that I’d already given it 694. Which of course was impossible. I told them I had a time machine burn in device that can do 24 hours in 42 minutes.
Fight science with science… nice :beerchug:

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #15 of 19
Not to thread jack but how bright are the Nanos? I have the Stealth and love them and keep hearing that the Nano is brighter than all the previous versions of the Ananda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back