Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV
Oct 6, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #3,332 of 5,632
  I just Bought used Focal Utopia for 1850$ used in very good condition . there is another one too if someone want to order them for the same price .

Wait, what? That's less than half the retail price, I could potentially see that happening if it were someone who bought a pair and really needed to get cash for something super fast but... Two pairs? How does that happen?

Not doubting the authenticity of the offer (I actually am, money laundering popped into my mind right away, what I mean is I'm not questioning your personal involvement), I just think that's incredibly weird especially given how well received they were and sought after they are right now. Where/who did you buy them from?

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #3,333 of 5,632
When it's too good to be true...

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #3,334 of 5,632
That can't be. I can not believe in 2 months someone is selling theirs for less than 50% of the new price.

I just Bought used Focal Utopia for 1850$ used in very good condition . there is another one too if someone want to order them for the same price .

Given the demand for these and that the poster says that the seller had at least 2 for sale, some possible things could have occured:
  1. Bad business sense at the expense of the seller since he could easily sell for twice that price used given the supply and demand of these phones.
  2. Black market, but then it would also be coupled with bad business sense (regarding point above) and makes the deal look unreal and brings suspicions onto selller
  3. Maybe they are actually Elears, perhaps disguised as Utopias, then the seller will be making $850 profit on each, aha
    1. Some carbon fiber stickers on the band
    2. painted and or replaced side covers, kinda like hubcaps, replaceable right?
    3. fake leather box.
    4. etc.
  4. Maybe just  bad sense since the seller had at least 2 of these used Utopias they had to get rid of right?  
  5. This couldn't possibly be a troll or a joke right? :p

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #3,335 of 5,632

Yeah right.

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #3,336 of 5,632
 I just kept searching  , and I found this good deal .
still 1 left for  1850$ . and I saw he 1000 for 1900$ .
at AudioGon , it's not allowed to post the link here .

you can ask the owner . It's a good deal and I would like to help you guys .

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #3,337 of 5,632
   I just kept searching  , and I found this good deal .
still 1 left for  1850$ . and I saw he 1000 for 1900$ .
at AudioGon , it's not allowed to post the link here .

you can ask the owner . It's a good deal and I would like to help you guys .

Just looked up that Utopia listing on Audiogon. $1,850.00 is only for the deposit. The full price is $3,700, as stated explicitly in the listing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back