Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV
Apr 21, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #5,164 of 5,632
Had anyone tried pw1960 8 wire cable with there Utopia?

I did...blew my Prion4 away. Been travelling the past weeks but will find time to have another crack and listen to them both after the cables are properly burned in (PW recommend at least 500hrs of burn in time to sound at it's fullest and optimum)

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #5,165 of 5,632
@Toolman

Pricing (approximate U.S. dollars) for the P W 1960 8 wire cable?

Thanks.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #5,166 of 5,632
@Toolman

Pricing (approximate U.S. dollars) for the P W 1960 8 wire cable?

Thanks.

8-wire config will set you back approx $3.9K~$5.7K (list price)

I have a 4-wire version (for iem) and I'm getting some adapters for my headphones...will see how that goes.

The sad thing is that the 8-wire version expands the soundstage and deepens the low end. Added more layers to the mids compared to the (already very good) 4-wire version :sob:

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #5,167 of 5,632
That said, not ALL expensive cables performs at their price range. I've tried another $5K reference cable (brand name withheld to ensure my personal safety) that frankly I wouldn't pay $500 for (anyone who still think cable won't make any difference should try this one...it will show you what a bad cable can do to the sound) but everyone who listened to the 1960s have only praise for them barring the ridiculous asking price

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #5,168 of 5,632
That said, not ALL expensive cables performs at their price range. I've tried another $5K reference cable (brand name withheld to ensure my personal safety) that frankly I wouldn't pay $500 for (anyone who still think cable won't make any difference should try this one...it will show you what a bad cable can do to the sound) but everyone who listened to the 1960s have only praise for them barring the ridiculous asking price
please PM manufacturer name..highly interested but i think i might know to who you are referring.....

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #5,169 of 5,632
@Toolman

Thanks. I checked the PW site before asking to make sure what I was seeing was correct.

Wow.

I Want To Believe! : )  Actually I do, when it comes to cables. Luckily my wallet is playing Luddite for now, with regards to the headphone chain.

Just for clarification, you have the PW 4 wire for IEMs and you are getting an adapter for use with the Utopia, HEK etc?

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #5,170 of 5,632

I do have 2 wire and 4 wire for my ciem. It does sound great but I like 2 wire better than 4 wire on ciem.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #5,171 of 5,632
I have a 4-wire version (for iem) and I'm getting some adapters for my headphones...will see how that goes...

Very interesting. Let us know how it sound with the full size headphone. Also could you post pictures of the 4 wired ?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back