Focal Clear Magnesium (New non Pro-Version)
Mar 18, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #76 of 85
I had some "snap, crackle and pop" last night. Using Qobuz and my Hiby R6 2020. I'm guessing it's the factory Focal cable.

Can you reccomend a replacement cable that doesn't break the bank? My DAP has a 4.4 balanced out, if that would make a difference. I'm just listening on my DAP so an extremely long cable isn't required.

The driver is making that sound and you think its the factory cable ?

Mar 18, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #78 of 85
The driver is making that sound and you think its the factory cable ?
I'll check my ear hair but yes. That's the least expensive item I can replace...

The R6 was a customer exchange from Musicteck. I just received the Clear Mg's from headphones.Com yesterday.

If it's not the cable and it's not my ear hair, I guess it's possible that a defective pair made its way through QC and shipped to my door.

I would be interested in a little trouble shooting guidance.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #82 of 85
I'll check my ear hair but yes. That's the least expensive item I can replace...

The R6 was a customer exchange from Musicteck. I just received the Clear Mg's from headphones.Com yesterday.

If it's not the cable and it's not my ear hair, I guess it's possible that a defective pair made its way through QC and shipped to my door.

I would be interested in a little trouble shooting guidance.

Does it do it consistently with a certain song ? I doubt changing the cable is going to do anything, but it doesn't hurt to try I suppose. Go to the ASR clear review thread and they have test tracks that got users to clip their clear even at normal listening levels.

I'm waiting to see how the MG plays out, because I will probably want to use EQ too and that will increase the chance of clipping. Since I buy used its more of a concern for me since I have no recourse.

Mar 20, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #83 of 85
My wife was so impressed by how it looked that she took this photo!

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg

Mar 20, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #84 of 85
My wife was so impressed by how it looked that she took this photo!

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
Looks damn sexy! Grey and white makes headphones pretty boring IMHO.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #85 of 85
These are magnificent. Had a listen today! Reminded me of the andromeda but beautiful tonality. Luscious vocals, with a slightly warm tone from neutral. Treble sparkle was still there. Listening to Lady Antebellum need you now was joyful.
Perfectly ok out of 3.5mm jack on m11 pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back