Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Nov 25, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #1,577 of 1,723
I sold Celestee's and kept Bathys and Clears, Bathys are close to celestees and way more versitile. Clear is much better in quiet environment though and more comfy.
Celestee is pretty comfy also. Like I said. It really depend on your preference. The sound quality is my top priority, therefore I kept Celestee. Although I realize Celestee still have big size cup and can be bothersome for portable use.

Therefore I will wait and replace Celestee in the end. I wish focal make a wired bathys and sound as good as Radiance. Or, wait Meze come a new closed back Lric built similar to 109 pro and sound as good as Stellia.

Nov 26, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #1,578 of 1,723
Try the brand new firmware.

I have not had time to try it on my iOS devices but it seemed to work last night on my Android Fiio M15S using UAP Audio Pro.

Not an extensive test as I only had a few minutes but will try some more on different devices.

Rich
I have 6.5.1 and makes no difference. Focal actually sent me a new pair so they are not aware this is a bigger issue and probably with iPhone 15's as my iPhone 13 Pro works fine changing rates.

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #1,579 of 1,723
Celestee is pretty comfy also. Like I said. It really depend on your preference. The sound quality is my top priority, therefore I kept Celestee. Although I realize Celestee still have big size cup and can be bothersome for portable use.

Therefore I will wait and replace Celestee in the end. I wish focal make a wired bathys and sound as good as Radiance. Or, wait Meze come a new closed back Lric built similar to 109 pro and sound as good as Stellia.
Well my spouse's name is Celeste....does anyone think I won't get in trouble with here should I buy a Celestee (for me) in her honor? :deadhorse:

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #1,582 of 1,723
Yes, my music listening "Utopia" would be short lived after a surprise spousal audit of headphones, and camera bags should I outlay $$$$ for the Utopia headphones!!! :floatsmile:
This is what I hate about Bathys, owning them have made wanting even more.
So now im trying to unconsciously convince myself that it's OK to spend up to 2k on wired headphones. Luckily I don't have any gear that could run wired headphones anymore. This gives me less of a chance to spend money on that.
I hope a stay strong, please pray for me

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #1,583 of 1,723
I sold Celestee's and kept Bathys and Clears, Bathys are close to celestees and way more versitile. Clear is much better in quiet environment though and more comfy.
Tuning the headphone to my ear and genre of music. The EQ elevated the worth/price for me.

The time/clock seems very natural. Relaxed.

Has any confirmed of what the DAC/AMP sections?

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #1,584 of 1,723
.... Question, is the DAC mode a direct wire to my DAC/Amp? If so how would these sound vs. my wired Focal Clear?
DAC made is the USBC connect. I don't remember if you can use the 3.5mm with the DAC, but I don't believe so.

Using it with your external DAC, you can, but only with the 3.5mm since you skip the DAC by using "on". I've done it once or twice with a FiiO BTR5 so demostrate some subtle differences between bluetooth and an external DAC.

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #1,585 of 1,723
Surely this is it ?

IMG_4451.PNG

Nov 27, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #1,588 of 1,723
Not great in my opinion to put out an update that only " improves" but doesnt fix an issue... especially if its a min feature of a luxury headphone....
Apologies I have not been able to test today with my iOS devices. Update worked for the brief time i tried with my Fiio M15S using the UAP Pro app. Hoping to have some time tomorrow to more thoroughly test. Will advise.

Rich

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #1,589 of 1,723
Brief test with my iPhone13 and Qobuz randomly playing James Taylor Artist (lots of resolution changes) using latest Bathy’s firmware (1.5.7) with Mimi engaged.

Works without a hitch so far….firmware change seems to have fixed the issue for me at least on my Fiio M15S and IPhone 13.

Will continue to test as I have time.

Rich

IMG_3819.png
IMG_3820.png
IMG_3821.png
IMG_3822.png

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,590 of 1,723
Pretty weird - thought i'd try apple music on my iPhone 13 via a wired connection to see if they'd fixed it using the camera connector and a lightning to usb c lead and now I get the "not enough power " error - didnt ever do that before ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back