Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Apr 25, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #1,711 of 1,720
I tried fully charging the phone and still had the same message… not sure what it could be.
I use it all the time in DAC mode with the 15 Pro Max.
The only time you would see the too much power message if you connected with a USB C adaptor but of course you are not.
Are you using the supplied cable?
Power should not be an issue, the work is all being done on the Bathys, (I'm pretty sure).

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #1,712 of 1,720
I use it all the time in DAC mode with the 15 Pro Max.
The only time you would see the too much power message if you connected with a USB C adaptor but of course you are not.
Are you using the supplied cable?
Power should not be an issue, the work is all being done on the Bathys, (I'm pretty sure).
No adaptor and using the original focal usb-c cord that was included with the headphones.

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #1,714 of 1,720
The Bathys is fully charged when this happens?
Yes, I finally was able to stop the message after resetting my iPhone but now… it’s dead silent when I switch to DAC mode, no audio. Bathys are updated as well. I’m thinking I just have a faulty unit.

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #1,715 of 1,720
Yes, I finally was able to stop the message after resetting my iPhone but now… it’s dead silent when I switch to DAC mode, no audio. Bathys are updated as well. I’m thinking I just have a faulty unit.
Do you have another way to test the DAC?
Try hooking up to a computer or laptop, run Foobar, etc. At least you will know if it is the Bathys or the iPhone.

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #1,716 of 1,720
Yikes! Too many problems and either that particular pair is bad, or your use case is just weird enough to be an outlier. Replace the unit, and if issues persist just move on to something else!

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #1,718 of 1,720
Does anyone know how to get Bathys working on an iPhone 15 pro via Dac Mode- USB-C? I just keep getting constant “This accessory uses too much power message” that I can’t clear.
Normally it is put the headphones into DAC mode, wait a few seconds for them to power up an then connect them to the phone. If you keep it in DAC mode for 30 seconds or so before connecting and you still get that error message then you should contact your dealer.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #1,719 of 1,720
I bought a pair of these used for 460$.
The original price is way above what I would usually pay for headphone.
It hasn’t arrived yet but I have high hopes for these, I really would like to have a good over ear headphone I could use on the go.

I tried basically all of known brands except for the Apple Airpods Max because I’m not going to buy a headphone with a lightning port now that all my devices are USB-C.
However I haven’t really found something that I wanted to keep.
Currently the Airpods Pro 2 are my headphones for on the go but especially at the office it would be nice to give my ear canals a break.
At home I’m really enjoying my Hifiman Sundara, hopefully the Bathys can sort of match those.

May 1, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #1,720 of 1,720
So received them today and so far I'm quite happy with these, especially for the price.
I think $800 would be too much for these.
Sound wise they are very good and ANC well, it is there but IMO very weak.
With quite music you will still have a problem blocking out the discussion of your colleagues on the neighbouring desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back