Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #1,606 of 1,773
That is strange. I have an iPhone and don't have this problem. Did you upgrade the firmware with the app?
Maybe remove it from your Bluetooth devices list and try pairing the as a new device. This has helped me with bluetooth problems, a lot

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #1,616 of 1,773
You can put it in Bluetooth mode and put mimi in 100%, then you should easily hear if mimi is active. And then listen to a song in dac. And then go back and turn it off. And then try to listen to it again in dac mode. That should be enough. I don't feel like testing it out myself🙃
Yeah I have done this, hence why I'm convinced the personalisation switches off in DAC mode.

Feb 4, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #1,620 of 1,773
Well as much as I love the Bathys, my pair decided to only make sound out of one side only. It's strictly been on work office duty last year and it has been sitting in my work bag over christmas. New year comes and first day back in the office, the right side doesn't make a sound. Not even the start up chime. Reset, nothing. Fully charged, nothing, Restored to factory setting and still nothing. This is now my second pair in replacement and less than one year old despite "technically" out of warranty from my original purchase. Not what you'd reasonably expect from any headphones let alone from a premium brand like Focal. It's sent back to the Australian distributor now for assessment. More to come..
Well, the good people that distribute Focal in Australia have honoured out of warranty and replaced my bathys and I'm so happy again to hear the sound from these. I've been getting by with my airpods pro 2 and they sound alright, pretty good to be honest. However, firing up the Bathys again after applying my mimi and EQ settings.. WOW.. I miss these. While waiting for these to return, I thought about selling them and getting something else, but now I'm not so sure. I just hope these new pair will last longer than one year without issues as many people have had these for the past couple of years without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back