Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #526 of 1,769
Gonna keep the headphone after all, found some eq I do like with them.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #527 of 1,769
Dito that. Mine's sounding a lot smoother after just over a month of play.
It specifically mentions in the manual that they need about 40 hours of burn-in.

Nov 13, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #528 of 1,769
E621979E-C64C-4318-A090-489880DD7E06.png

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #529 of 1,769
Só I wrote this on px8 thread:

Well well well…

So a few hours of listening and comparing px8 to bathys I decided to keep one.

before I say which one I will keep some thoughts.

if I only had one of them with me I would be happy with any of these two.
I don’t use cable headphones except for work as I’m av tech for events. I don’t want to buy dacs and amps to get good headphones to work as they should. If I have the usb option I use it when I want the real juice. for work just for context I used several headphones like audio technica m50x, shure 840 and the likes but now im actually carrying Akg k361 for that and focal spirit professional.

in wireless realm had a lot since they start to show interesting offers like I had xm1 and xm2 from Sony, Bose qc35, 700.. until B&W px, shure aonic 50, Sennheiser momentum 3, B&W px7, AirPods Max. AirPods where very convenient and have good sq and had them for almost 2 years.

so now for the comparison px8 and bathys. At first bathys sounded a little harsh sometimes and the tonal balance seemed off. That made me feel that px8 allways had better mids, also better punch and smooth yet detailed treble. But with a few more hours on bathys all is better. Comparing them now and I find them both engaging.

Bathys have better low end and treble extension as well as more texture on all frequencies. And I have to be fair when I first listened to bathys I thought that was it. The px8 had the edge for my search on engaging yet real and detailed wireless cans. But it is not all black and white. For example in Korn it’s on. In the beginning of the song it starts growing that power with guitar roaring and I can say all that power roaring and punch the bathys wins hands down now!! But not all songs is the same.
So for the part of them being engaging where my heart laid on px8 now I’m torn and because of that now I have the real sense that technically the bathys are better with more detail and texture of instruments or voices. I’m still enjoying both and I if I had a choice of keeping both I would but for me it’s not a choice. So for choosing only one set and I will be mostly using them in house enjoying music while I watch my kids and make chores and while working on computer (dac mode) I guess in my search of the real engaging sound I found on bathys all I wanted except for the look and feel that px8 wins hands down for me. Confort for me is neck and neck again but px8 has the edge. Since I don’t use cable headphones and will be using dac mode on desk and wireless for everything else and I really rate bathys one step up on fidelity, detail, texture and extension. Don’t get me wrong because it’s so close and I really love px8 and understand why anyone chooses one or the other. But I will be returning px8 and keep bathys. But is so intimate I’m almost crying! 😅

Nov 13, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #530 of 1,769
Not sure these are keepers. Mine have this annoying whining noise. It's fairly subtle, but it's definitely there. A little high pitched whiney noise. Awful.

Anyone else have this?

Nov 13, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #531 of 1,769
Not sure these are keepers. Mine have this annoying whining noise. It's fairly subtle, but it's definitely there. A little high pitched whiney noise. Awful.

Anyone else have this?
Nope - mine have been great other than the annoying disconnect/connecting beeping noise during a Facetime call.

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #533 of 1,769

Anyone else have this?

Only sometimes, ANC ain't perfect. :)

When the ANC is invented that can block that particular person's voice we will have truly reached perfection. I had such high hopes when I got my first pair of Bose, but now here we are, more than 10 years later...

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #534 of 1,769

Anyone else have this?
Nope. Mine is dead quiet.

Nov 14, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #536 of 1,769
Anyone else tried streaming to these as a USB Roon endpoint?

Other than volume control is wired (only controlable via Roon "device volume", the buttons on headphone don't work in this setup), it's a pretty slick minimalist setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back