Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jan 10, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #2,447 of 2,598
A follow up from Flux Labs about the FA-10 Limited:

“Dear friends,

In view of the incoming questions related to the differences between FA-10 Limited and FA-10, we publish a separate post with clarification.
It is important to understand that the FA-10 Limited is not just an amplifier with higher quality and more expensive capacitors installed. The Limited is a significantly redesigned and improved unit specifically in terms of circuitry. The higher quality capacitors and wiring are simply better at realizing the potential of all the circuit improvements.

The circuitry of the amplifier is still equipped with the JFET input as in the regular model FA-10, but the circuit at the input of the amplifier was completely redesigned, which allowed getting a more even tonal balance and higher detail over the whole frequency range. The output stage was also changed, in this case, bipolar transistors designed specifically for high-end audio (NJW0281G and NJW0302G) are used.

But how can we generally describe the sound of FA-10 Limited and how we position this amplifier?
It's the most musical amplifier in the FA-10 lineup, and you can hear it from the very first notes. At the same time, it is the most detailed, transparent, and dynamic. The sound is the most harmonious and natural. To summarize, we want to note that FA-10 Limited plays on the field of High-End solutions. The number of produced amplifiers will be extremely limited due to the complexity of applying such solutions in devices of the average price category, but for the sake of fans of this model, we decided that we must release such a modification of the device!

The amplifier is as versatile as possible and is suitable for both undemanding models of headphones and the most complex loads, such as Susvara or Abyss”

Jan 10, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #2,448 of 2,598
In my humble opinion, in 2023 nothing can belong to the high-end category with a THD of 0.008%. That's it. It was an interesting decision to use the FA-10 as a basis, but probably a 0.002% THD FA-10 PRO Limited would have been better.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #2,449 of 2,598
In my humble opinion, in 2023 nothing can belong to the high-end category with a THD of 0.008%. That's it. It was an interesting decision to use the FA-10 as a basis, but probably a 0.002% THD FA-10 PRO Limited would have been better.
You do now how low 0.008% is. It’s not audible at all.

Jan 10, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #2,450 of 2,598
Seriously now?
Too much ASR forum reading...

Jan 10, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #2,452 of 2,598
Human ears can hear the difference down to 1% of THD, some gifted may be able to hear less, but 0.008% of difference may disturb some bats :)

Jan 10, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #2,453 of 2,598
I am afraid that no other difference will be audible. Sure, all nonsense. Also that the 0.006% THD difference means four times the distortion. What I was talking about, by the way, is that 0.008% THD is not high-end, not about hearing bats. But feel free to explain it away... Never mind. The bottom line is that the Flux Lab Team is at work and the best headphone amplifiers in the world are back. That means more than anything.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #2,454 of 2,598
I am afraid that no other difference will be audible. Sure, all nonsense. Also that the 0.006% THD difference means four times the distortion.
Just for your reference. Distortion of tube amplifier could be even more 1% and that unit will be at high-end league. In fact high-end that is philosophy of getting natural sounding but not only the digits after comma)

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #2,455 of 2,598
I am afraid that no other difference will be audible. Sure, all nonsense. Also that the 0.006% THD difference means four times the distortion. What I was talking about, by the way, is that 0.008% THD is not high-end, not about hearing bats. But feel free to explain it away... Never mind. The bottom line is that the Flux Lab Team is at work and the best headphone amplifiers in the world are back. That means more than anything.
"I am afraid that no other difference will be Audible."

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #2,458 of 2,598
I ordered a Limited yesterday. And yes, I do already have a FA-10, which is why I want the Limited. I know how good it's going to be.

Jan 10, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #2,459 of 2,598

Users who are viewing this thread

Back