Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Dec 11, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #2,416 of 2,598
regardless of the gain im getting static only xlr. I've reached to flux, so bummed I just received the amp a few days ago.
Ouch, good luck

Dec 12, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #2,418 of 2,598
Just received my FA-10 a few weeks back. Ordered it early February. Amazing that Flux is already resuming production. Wishing them nothing but the best.

Also, just how good does this black unit fit with the RME ADI-2?
1670844763795.png

The ADI-2 even perfectly fits on top of the amp without blocking the heat exhaust:
1670845154832.png

I'm pretty sure this is endgame for me, folks. I think for me personally, due to the diminishing returns beyond this price:quality point, I won't be wanting to upgrade this anymore, at least not for a decade or so. I reckon that with the infinite adjustability of the ADI-2's sound signature due to its parametric EQ, and the FA-10's combination of clarity and sheer power, this setup can make just about any headphone sound great.

One issue I do have with it, is that very rarely I can hear the relais start clicking constantly, just as what normally happens while turning the volume knob, except it just keeps going, until you adjust the volume just a little, and then it goes away. If I put the volume back to where it was it also doesn't resume. It seems that specific music triggers this. Especially when the volume of a song switches from very quiet to nearly brickwalled rapidly. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #2,419 of 2,598
Just received my FA-10 a few weeks back. Ordered it early February. Amazing that Flux is already resuming production. Wishing them nothing but the best.

Also, just how good does this black unit fit with the RME ADI-2?
1670844763795.png

The ADI-2 even perfectly fits on top of the amp without blocking the heat exhaust:
1670845154832.png

I'm pretty sure this is endgame for me, folks. I think for me personally, due to the diminishing returns beyond this price:quality point, I won't be wanting to upgrade this anymore, at least not for a decade or so. I reckon that with the infinite adjustability of the ADI-2's sound signature due to its parametric EQ, and the FA-10's combination of clarity and sheer power, this setup can make just about any headphone sound great.

One issue I do have with it, is that very rarely I can hear the relais start clicking constantly, just as what normally happens while turning the volume knob, except it just keeps going, until you adjust the volume just a little, and then it goes away. If I put the volume back to where it was it also doesn't resume. It seems that specific music triggers this. Especially when the volume of a song switches from very quiet to nearly brickwalled rapidly. Anyone else experiencing this?

I only experience this when I go from using the remote control, to using the knob instead.
The knob is no longer in synch with the remote control. The device keeps clicking until it reaches the position the knob is at.

Dec 12, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #2,420 of 2,598
My understanding is it's possible to get just inbetween the next click or step and it will go back and forth making a clicking sound this was explained as normal it just needs a small nudge either direction. When using volume on the remote control if then you switch back to volume knob on unit the smallest movement in either direction will immediately change all the way back to whatever adjustment the volume knob has. Mine does not go into a continuous clicking mode with that. When using my Aries 2 DAC XLR into the unit the signal does get a little hot I do prefer the smoothness of the RCA. I hope this helps.

Dec 12, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #2,421 of 2,598
Since there is only one DAC in my current desktop setting, which I am using that for my tube + ZMF Atrium, today I just use my Hiby RS2 small DAP in DAC mode to connect to FA-10 -> HE6SE V2 and it is amazingly good.

Dec 30, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #2,423 of 2,598
R2R indeed gives SS amps such as FA-10 a different perspsective. After I switched my DAC from OG Modi 3 to Modi Multibit 2, feeding FA-10 to HE6SE V2, it was a completely different story. You are jumping from several rows below the stage directly onto the center of the stage.

Jan 4, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #2,424 of 2,598
I feel like I found a great pairing for my FluxLab FA-10 amp.

The Chord Hugo2 portable dac/amp. And a Schiit Loki Mini+ for a bass boost when needed.

First of all, I don't feel like the Schiit Loki Mini+ acts as the weakest link of the chain at all. It seems void of any audible cons to me. Not masking anything. Bass boost is just fun, though I wish it had an option for a more subbass dominant boost. When you boost beyond +6db it starts boosting the midbass alongside the the subbass. I use +6db or a very small step more.

Chord Hugo2 subbass is textures and will slam. Hugo2 has a nice aspect of trailing notes to the treble. And lacks any etch to things in the presentation.

FluxLab FA-10 has a very minimal ring or etch to it. That compensates for the lack of it in the Hugo2 portable.

Together Chord Hugo2/FluxLab FA-10 does have a very minimal slight digital etch to things, but it is within reason. Worth it for a nice and romantic playback that is worth it. Mids are euphonic and holographic. Treble is analog like while using solid state gear. Subbass has texture.
The FluxLab FA-10, reigns in the uncanny imaging seperation of the Chord Hugo2 with its presentation. It mimics like diffused dynamics and imaging of monitor speakers. No extreme L/R uncanny imaging seperation. The stage off the FluxLab FA-10 is a little less deep compared to things directly off the Hugo2. End result of the combo, you get a staging is just as wide as it is deep in the end result.

End result is really a nice Goldilocks Zone of aspects for me. This is probably all very subjective to my likes. But I felt I wanted to post it. There amp still has aspects of solid state etch to it, just it is less from using the suitable DAC.

But I am still curious of the FluxLab FA-10 amp and Soekris dac2541 r-2r CanJam LA combo.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #2,425 of 2,598
Thanks guys is just xlr The problem, I will send a message to flux , I have no idea I had a90d no problems. the xlr output on Gustard r26 is 5.0 vol and 2.5 rca.

I also tried the dac of the EF400 Hifiman.
Wow, really curious to hear if the FA-12 is a good match for the R26. Been comtemplating going in that direction myself but wondering if it will be too fuzzy and warm (with my Mere Empyreans).

Jan 8, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #2,426 of 2,598
News from Flux Labs courtesy of their Facebook:

Dear friends!

For more than 10 months our country has been at war, but we are constantly feeling your support and we are thankful for your warm heartfelt wishes, for which we are very grateful. Inspired by the latest events and your full support, our team has been working all along and had something special in store for you.

Our first yearly announcement is dedicated to our close friends and fans. We are glad to show you for the very first time the FA-10 Limited which is a massively upgraded version of the regular FA-10 headphone amplifier, coming in limited numbers.

Although there are plenty of internal upgrades, these are the most important ones:

• Modernized printed circuit boards for the installation of MUNDORF MLYTIC AG power capacitors. This change leads to a clearer sound that’s quite a lot more dynamic
• All audio circuits are now using ELNA Silmic II electrolytic capacitors
• We upgraded the circuitry of the analog input and output stages, for a more linear tonal balance across the board
• The feedback circuit has been redesigned for a fuller-bodied sound, that’s more transparent than ever before
• Internal wiring uses the highest-quality and purest copper wire available today, more exactly the Neotech ultra-pure UPOCC wire, that had a massive positive effect on the entirety of the frequency response, getting a cleaner and weightier sound.

Each buyer of the Limited Edition will be receiving a memorable gift - a hand-crafted bracelet from the last steel batch made at the Azovstal plant in the beautiful city of Mariupol, which was completely destroyed by the invading troops. The bracelet is a symbol of unity and invincibility of the Ukrainian people.

You can be part of our history, helping us doing what we love to do the most by getting an FA-10 Limited Edition that can be ordered right now.

Edit:

Follow up from Flux Labs:

“In view of the incoming questions related to the differences between FA-10 Limited and FA-10, we publish a separate post with clarification.
It is important to understand that the FA-10 Limited is not just an amplifier with higher quality and more expensive capacitors installed. The Limited is a significantly redesigned and improved unit specifically in terms of circuitry. The higher quality capacitors and wiring are simply better at realizing the potential of all the circuit improvements.

The circuitry of the amplifier is still equipped with the JFET input as in the regular model FA-10, but the circuit at the input of the amplifier was completely redesigned, which allowed getting a more even tonal balance and higher detail over the whole frequency range. The output stage was also changed, in this case, bipolar transistors designed specifically for high-end audio (NJW0281G and NJW0302G) are used.

But how can we generally describe the sound of FA-10 Limited and how we position this amplifier?
It's the most musical amplifier in the FA-10 lineup, and you can hear it from the very first notes. At the same time, it is the most detailed, transparent, and dynamic. The sound is the most harmonious and natural. To summarize, we want to note that FA-10 Limited plays on the field of High-End solutions. The number of produced amplifiers will be extremely limited due to the complexity of applying such solutions in devices of the average price category, but for the sake of fans of this model, we decided that we must release such a modification of the device!

The amplifier is as versatile as possible and is suitable for both undemanding models of headphones and the most complex loads, such as Susvara or Abyss.”

https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/product/fa-10-limited-class-a-headphone-amplifier/

Attachments

• 0384CB87-6C22-43E5-ACE1-222870E763D5.jpeg
    0384CB87-6C22-43E5-ACE1-222870E763D5.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 0
  • F8643C83-673B-4D5F-9292-7859E5AA35D7.jpeg
    F8643C83-673B-4D5F-9292-7859E5AA35D7.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 0
  • F1C7C3AD-05AC-4BB0-8DA2-340186D5E666.jpeg
    F1C7C3AD-05AC-4BB0-8DA2-340186D5E666.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 0
  • B4A63B61-8361-408D-8CD4-36894A7AD2FF.jpeg
    B4A63B61-8361-408D-8CD4-36894A7AD2FF.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 0
  • EAFB267F-5059-4681-B498-8786B03E85B3.jpeg
    EAFB267F-5059-4681-B498-8786B03E85B3.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FC7D259E-9281-42A2-B210-41A0CFA6CC69.jpeg
    FC7D259E-9281-42A2-B210-41A0CFA6CC69.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #2,427 of 2,598
The FA10 Limited does appeal to me. I am just wondering how capable it really is? I've never owned a Flux HPA, so have no idea what style of headphones it suits or how well it can grip and drive the more power hungry cans.

Can anyone shed some light? Currently have ZMF dynamics and HiFiMan planars (not Sus).

Jan 8, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #2,429 of 2,598
The FA10 Limited does appeal to me. I am just wondering how capable it really is? I've never owned a Flux HPA, so have no idea what style of headphones it suits or how well it can grip and drive the more power hungry cans.

Can anyone shed some light? Currently have ZMF dynamics and HiFiMan planars (not Sus).
FA-10 can run pretty much any power hungry headphone pretty easily……it’s got TONS of power for that exact purpose

Jan 8, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #2,430 of 2,598
FA-10 can run pretty much any power hungry headphone pretty easily……it’s got TONS of power for that exact purpose
So why does Volot exist then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back