Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Nov 10, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #2,041 of 2,598
Ha , this is the only true trouble with Flux.
Everything sounds good and everything has an interesting character so choosing is a little bit difficult.
I wish I could stack all of them!
Now that I have sold my Venus II and while waiting for something else to arrive, I am using the FCN-10 as a pure DAC in the reference speaker system and it sounds pretty darn good!

Nov 10, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #2,042 of 2,598
Everything sounds good and everything has an interesting character so choosing is a little bit difficult.
Now that I have sold my Venus II and while waiting for something else to arrive, I am using the FCN-10 as a pure DAC in the reference speaker system and it sounds pretty darn good!
May I ask what are you replacing the Venus ll with?

Nov 10, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #2,045 of 2,598
Is it comparable to Ares II? I mean FCN-10's DAC.

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #2,049 of 2,598
Nov 10, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #2,051 of 2,598
In my humble opinion yes.
As an Fa-12 owner, that has never heard the big boy amps like the bha-1, Head AMP GSX Mini, Burson Soloist, Violectric V280, Phonitor X or other items in that price class I’m really curious how the FA-12 stacks up. Is this AMP at least in the same ballpark as those or a solid tier or two lower?

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #2,052 of 2,598
OK , first of all the Termi is going to be used with a reference two channel system and various high end headphone amplifiers.
But to answer your other question, yes the Flux 10/12/22 can certainly take advantage of the Termi.
Certainly it can do with better amps but the Flux are not lagging behind and they scale greatly.
The 12 with the Venus II was easily one of the best pairings I have experienced.
I would choose the Flux over my x V280 any time without regretting anything.
The V550 is another beast but at this price point there is the Volot which I have never heard to know what is capable of.

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #2,053 of 2,598
OK , first of all the Termi is going to be used with a reference two channel system and various high end headphone amplifiers.
But to answer your other question, yes the Flux 10/12/22 can certainly take advantage of the Termi.
Certainly it can do with better amps but the Flux are not lagging behind and they scale greatly.
The 12 with the Venus II was easily one of the best pairings I have experienced.
I would choose the Flux over my x V280 any time without regretting anything.
The V550 is another beast but at this price point there is the Volot which I have never heard to know what is capable of.
Thanks for the input!

Nov 10, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #2,055 of 2,598
I have a Marantz SACD Ruby connected to a Monoprice THX 887. Headphones are HD800 SE.
I might give the amp to my son and that is why I am looking for a new amp. Possibly the FLUX FA-22 but not sure yet. Also, possibly getting the HEDDphone.
IMO the Flux Amps are such step up from THX you can get any amp and it’ll be a huge step up.

I think you should decide if you want to go balanced or not first as that only leaves the FA-12, and balanced cables can get costly.

With the HD800 I would choose the warmer amp because I can’t stand it’s treble personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back