Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Nov 10, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #2,057 of 2,598
IMO the Flux Amps are such step up from THX you can get any amp and it’ll be a huge step up.

I think you should decide if you want to go balanced or not first as that only leaves the FA-12, and balanced cables can get costly.

With the HD800 I would choose the warmer amp because I can’t stand it’s treble personally.
I concur, don't count me as a THX hater because I like very much certain implementations but all the Flux are far better when it comes to musicality.

Nov 11, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #2,058 of 2,598
Regarding planars, I have heard it said that its not watts so much, but current that is important in driving them. Aside from the Volot, do the rest of the Flux offerings (FA-10/12/22) offer the same "current" regardless of the watts they produce? The FA-12 & 22 have significantly less watts compared to the FA-10, but do watts and current have a direct relationship? I don't know enough about this stuff. I am loving my recently acquired Arya V2, but know that it is being held back by my Jot 1 amp. I am leaning toward the FA-12 based on the way people describe the sound. It is especially tough in that the FA-10, 12 and 22 are all the same price. Great problem to have I guess, but just want to make sure I choose the right sound signature. I listen to my headphones to relax more often than not, so I want that more gentle/inviting sound. Think lower resting heart rate/blood pressure 😊.

Nov 11, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #2,060 of 2,598
Regarding planars, I have heard it said that its not watts so much, but current that is important in driving them. Aside from the Volot, do the rest of the Flux offerings (FA-10/12/22) offer the same "current" regardless of the watts they produce? The FA-12 & 22 have significantly less watts compared to the FA-10, but do watts and current have a direct relationship? I don't know enough about this stuff. I am loving my recently acquired Arya V2, but know that it is being held back by my Jot 1 amp. I am leaning toward the FA-12 based on the way people describe the sound. It is especially tough in that the FA-10, 12 and 22 are all the same price. Great problem to have I guess, but just want to make sure I choose the right sound signature. I listen to my headphones to relax more often than not, so I want that more gentle/inviting sound. Think lower resting heart rate/blood pressure 😊.
I have no problems, all enjoyment, when the Flux Lab FA-22 is driving: Audeze LCD-4, Audeze LCD-X.

Nov 12, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #2,061 of 2,598
20211113_120847.jpg

Nov 13, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #2,063 of 2,598
Congrats, but you don't need to double post.
And let us know what you think of it.

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #2,069 of 2,598
Here's a mechanical tuning tip. Back out the screws on the XLR and loosen the RCA nuts on the back of unit then tighten them up till lightly touching. You can always tighten them up if you don't like it. There's videos on YouTube explaining how it works. If you try it please let me know how this works. For me it was mind-blowing.

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #2,070 of 2,598
Here's a mechanical tuning tip. Back out the screws on the XLR and loosen the RCA nuts on the back of unit then tighten them up till lightly touching. You can always tighten them up if you don't like it. There's videos on YouTube explaining how it works. If you try it please let me know how this works. For me it was mind-blowing.
I did this for my ares 2… and it improved the bass. Yup I’m one of those crazy audiophiles now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back