Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Oct 31, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #2,029 of 2,598
Anyone have any impressions with the FA-10 and HEK? I’ve only seen a few in this thread. It’s either going to be this, the Voltos or Sparkos Aries.

Nov 8, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #2,032 of 2,598
I have been revisiting the FCN-10 with the Sennheiser/Drop HD8XX.
Honestly, can't be so good, I could happily keep this as my only end game DAC/amp.
It is amazing what they have done with just two humble AKM4493.
I have installed the latest version of MoOde and I am feeding it with Silent-angel Bonn N8.
Magic.
Only downside is the heat, the room gets hot and smelly!

Nov 8, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #2,033 of 2,598
Anyone have any impressions with the FA-10 and HEK? I’ve only seen a few in this thread. It’s either going to be this, the Voltos or Sparkos Aries.

Have used FCN-10 ( DAC + Amp) with HEK V1, certainly a good pairing. Musical, inoffensive yet non rolled off treble, better transient response , good mid bass, Mid treble HE1K V1 peak is contained, dynamic, impactful yet easy listening

Nov 8, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #2,034 of 2,598
I have been revisiting the FCN-10 with the Sennheiser/Drop HD8XX.
Honestly, can't be so good, I could happily keep this as my only end game DAC/amp.
It is amazing what they have done with just two humble AKM4493.
I have installed the latest version of MoOde and I am feeding it with Silent-angel Bonn N8.
Magic.
Only downside is the heat, the room gets hot and smelly!
How does the in built dac compare with the ares 2?

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #2,035 of 2,598
How does the in built dac compare with the ares 2?
Well the Ares II is just a little more organic and full bodied with less digital glare (not that the FCN-10 has too much of it).
The FCN-10 is a touch more lean but resolves better detail and honesty I am not missing the Ares II.
Now if the question would what should I prefer between the FA-10 + Ares II or the FCN-10 my answer wouldn't be based on the DAC sound but rather on more practical matters.
One thing for sure is that I wouldn't pick the FCN-10 to use it for the line out.
Not because it doesn't sound good (on the contrary) but for the reason that it gets very hot and I can't disable the amp stage.
Too much waste of power to use it as plain dac/streamer.

Nov 9, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #2,036 of 2,598
I requested some info about all their amps since it is confusing to me and this is their reply. Hope it helps someone in the decision making...

Thank you so much for your request
Please find some basic points below

FA-10 & FA-10PRO

FA-10 and FA-10PRO are based on similar topology but with some unique differences. Thanks to that, FA-10 and FA-10PRO have the same output power but different sound character.

PRO version is more crisp and detailed, the bass response has more focus but is less in-depth. The classical version is more linear, warm and musical; lows are deeper, mids are more emotional. Those both models were designed to share unlimited possibilities for hard to drive headphones market.

FA-12 & FA-10

The amplifiers have a different circuit design and their own unique character; FA-12 utilizes a fully-balanced circuit design with MOSFET output, making the sound more coloured and fun, with a bit deeper bass response, more forwarded mids and gently sparkled highs.

FA-10 is single-ended. It is based on bipolar output design, which performs much more output power; the sound character is more linear, with a darker background and a more wide sound stage. Bass is not as deep as FA-12, but it is stronger on the technical side, with more focus, speed and control. Highs and mids are softer than on FA-12.
FA-22 is pretty similar to FA10PRO signature, but have a bit more emotional mids presentation, similar lows depth and control

If you not planning to order some hard to drive headphones like HE06SE, Abyss etc. I guess FA-12 will be a great combination at balanced mode (need balanced connection for your AMP)

Let m know if you need any other support

Regards, Vitaliy

Nov 10, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #2,038 of 2,598
I requested some info about all their amps since it is confusing to me and this is their reply. Hope it helps someone in the decision making...

Thank you so much for your request
Please find some basic points below

FA-10 & FA-10PRO

FA-10 and FA-10PRO are based on similar topology but with some unique differences. Thanks to that, FA-10 and FA-10PRO have the same output power but different sound character.

PRO version is more crisp and detailed, the bass response has more focus but is less in-depth. The classical version is more linear, warm and musical; lows are deeper, mids are more emotional. Those both models were designed to share unlimited possibilities for hard to drive headphones market.

FA-12 & FA-10

The amplifiers have a different circuit design and their own unique character; FA-12 utilizes a fully-balanced circuit design with MOSFET output, making the sound more coloured and fun, with a bit deeper bass response, more forwarded mids and gently sparkled highs.

FA-10 is single-ended. It is based on bipolar output design, which performs much more output power; the sound character is more linear, with a darker background and a more wide sound stage. Bass is not as deep as FA-12, but it is stronger on the technical side, with more focus, speed and control. Highs and mids are softer than on FA-12.
FA-22 is pretty similar to FA10PRO signature, but have a bit more emotional mids presentation, similar lows depth and control

If you not planning to order some hard to drive headphones like HE06SE, Abyss etc. I guess FA-12 will be a great combination at balanced mode (need balanced connection for your AMP)

Let m know if you need any other support

Regards, Vitaliy
FA-22 is pretty similar to FA10PRO signature. Do you mean FA-12 ? Was it a mistake ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back